fifty-five

Chapter 55

Victoire and Teddy were sitting on the couch in the living room at 12 Grimmauld place. They didn't say anything, but they both silently agreed that it had been one of the longest nine months of their lives. Even when they had been in the late seventies and early eighties, they didn't feel like it had been that long. There they actually had the option to go outside.

The two jumped out of their reverie when a body came tumbling out of the fireplace. Harry Potter stood there, covered in soot, and in a deep panic.

"Where is he?!" he cried "Where's Sirius?!"

"Harry calm down." stood and put her hands on his shoulder. "Did you have another vision? One of Sirius?"

"He- He was being tortured." he stuttered "Department of mysteries."

"Harry, you have to listen to me, Sirius isn't in the department of mysteries. He's upstairs dealing with a sick hippogriff. He's safe, trust me." Harry's face calmed before twisting in anger once more.

"No!" he yelled "You liar! I don't know you! I can't trust you! You're working with him!"

Harry thrashed against Victoire's weak hold. Teddy tried to come up behind him and block him from going back to the fire place. He broke away from Vic and push Teddy aside with surprising strength. With a burst of green flame, Harry was gone.

"Oh God." Vic moved her hands to her mouth. "Today is it." she turned to her boyfriend. "What if we can't do it? We never saved any of the others."

"We saved Marlene." Teddy pointed out weakly.

"No. We didn't." Victoire spat. "We gave her four years of suffering before she took her own life."

"We can save Sirius." Teddy said. "We just have to keep him away from the Department of mysteries."

"But what if he finds another way to die? Like Dorcas?"

"Victoire, you have to stop worrying so much." Teddy pleaded "There's no way we'll be able to succeed if you believe we can't. We'll figure it out. I promise."

"Alright, but the Order is going to find out too and Sirius will be demanding to be first to lead the charge. What can we do?"

"Petrificus Totalus?" Teddy suggested.

"Knowing our friend, he'll break out of it."

"We'll figure it out." Teddy repeated.

Less than a half hour later, the Order was rushing into Grimmauld with the news of Harry's escapade to the ministry of magic. Limbs shaking, the time travellers cornered Sirius.

"You're not going." they said in unison.

"To hell, I'm not." Sirius tried to push past the two.

"No, Sirius." Teddy shoved him to the wall, his eyes went wolf amber fierce. "You're a wanted criminal going into the building that houses the workspace of every single person qualified enough in the entire country to catch you. You're staying."

"No." Sirius stood his ground. "Harry needs me, and I'm not letting those good for nothing, rotten, vile, evil, slimy, foul-" he strung along quite a few more adjective laced with a few curse words, "Death Eaters hurt my Godson!"

"You're going to end up doing something reckless that'll get yourself killed!" Teddy stopped beating around the bush. "You're staying." Sirius paled considerably as he sunk into a nearby chair.

"No. No, no, no, no..." he muttered "It's too soon. Harry needs me."

"That's why you need to stay here." Victoire crouched beside him. "Please Sirus, I beg you."

Sirius didn't say anything for a little bit. The other Order members milled about with a hushed urgency sending owls to other members telling them of the attack. They payed little to no attention to the people who they assumed were staying behind. Little did they know, thy were about to cause the biggest scene in the Department of Mysteries. However oblivious they were, they still knew they had to prepare for who-knows-how-hard a battle with their sworn foes. Steadily more Order members arrived at Grimmauld until Dumbledore, who was the last to arrive, announced it was time to depart. The members steadily streamed through the front door only to quickly apparatus away in a puff of white smoke once they cleared the anti-apparition charms placed upon the house.

Vic and Teddy stood to follow them only to have Sirius on their tails. They had thought they had won the fight.

"Sirius-" Vic started. Sirius cut her off.

"No, I'm going to put my life on the line here. I'm wiling to die tonight if it means knowing Harry is safe." the time travellers went to protest but before they could Sirius ran out the door and apparatus away.

With nothing else to do, the followed the last of the Order members.