twenty-one

Chapter 21
Victoire Weasley

"Lily, you'll think we're mental at first," Victoire started "but please, please, just hear us out."
"Al- alright" Lily stuttered
"Vic, you should show her the photo album." Teddy said
"Oh right!" she summoned the book with a flick of the wrist and opened it  to a random page.

She immediately shut it.

"What was that?" Lily said
"Oh, it was nothing." Vic shook her head "Nothing for today, at least."

The picture had been of James and Lily's wedding photo of the two at the altar. Sirius on one side and Alice on the other. All of them smiling happily, though none of them topped Lily's smile. Her face was alit with happiness.

"We should start with something else." Vic flipped to a different page. Teddy and the Marauders all crowded around the sofa that the two girls were sitting on in the Gryffindor common room. The photo was of another wedding. This one was of Harry and Ginny getting married, Ron and Hermione on either side.

"Is that- James?" Lily's eyes were wide
"No." Teddy said "That's my godfather, Harry."
"Wow. The resemblance is uncanny. Potter, do you have twin brother or something?"
"No," James shook his head
"But you have to be related somehow!" Lily stared at the photo "Like a cousin or something?" James shook his head again "Why do you have this photo?"
"That's my Uncle Harry and Aunt Ginny at their wedding with Hermione and Ron, also my aunt and uncle." Lily blankly stared at Victoire "Harry Potter, Ginny Weasley-Potter, Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger-Weasley."

"Vicky, you aren't explaining this too well." Teddy shook his head "Show her your dad. Or my mum"

Victoire flipped to a paged that held Bill and Fleur's wedding photo. She turned to look at Lily. her expression was unreadable, staring at the photo.  The boys behind them were also staring at Lily. Peter looked confused. Though they had explained this all to him before, he hadn't quite grasped it all. Sirius just looked annoyed.

"Get on with it!" he yelled "Merlin, Vic. you're real slow at explaining." Victoire glared at him.
"Might I remind you that you didn't fair too well when I just broke out and said it."
"Fine." Sirius conceded "Show her like two more photos."
"I know just the two."

Victoire flipped a couple pages over, peeking slightly to make sure she had the right photo. She revealed it to Lily and the boys. They all stared in awe. It was a wedding photo, not one of a bride and groom, but one of a bride and her maid of honor. It was Lily and Alice. Lily in a lovely white gown, and Alice in a pale blue one. They were standing, arm around one another, each holding a bouquet  (Lily's larger of course) of lilies.

"Is that..." Lily breathed
"That's you." Teddy answered for Victoire.
"Where did you get this photo?"
"Memories."
"What?"
"Memories. A lot of photos were lost to the war, but a brilliant woman by the name of Audrey Weasley created a spell that can create a photograph of said memory. If I am remembering correctly, this memory is from professor McGonagall."
"But how is that me?!" Lily cried.

The portrait hole opened, the group of seventh year fell silent. A couple fifth years, who had no doubt just returned from the holidays, we're laughing and smiling as they completely ignored the seventh years and went up to their dorms.

"One last photo." Vic mumbled to herself. She angled herself away from everyone as she flipped through a couple pages away from their prying eyes. She spotted one that rather amused her so she decided on showing them that one. She angled herself to show them.

It was a picture of Sirius entrapping fifteen year old Harry Potter in his arms and he playfully tried to squirm away.

"This is Sirius with his Godson, Harry James Potter."
"Why on earth would James let his kid around that criminal." Remus joked, looking around for the future father. James was nowhere to be seen. He must have snuck off earlier.
"The only thing I'm guilty of is being devilishly handsome." Sirius smirked. Victoire bit her lip and stopped herself from saying 'You're not wrong'

"Would you mind explain what the hell is going on." Lily demanded irritably.
"Lils, we're from the future."

(A/N: I owe everyone an apology. This chapter is way too slow to have warranted the time it took. I have finals coming up and I've been slightly panicking about them as well as I fell I'll this long weekend (the May long weekend, for anyone not in Canada) and I'm bedridden and in quite a bit of pain. I'm doing better today but I still just want to lie in bed and do nothing except binge watch marvel movies. I don't promise any faster updates as finals come near, I'm sorry about that but I really have to work hard to bump up my graded right now. -Jul)