sixty-four

Everyone scattered. Students were either running to take cover, or running to prepare, or running for their lives. A bunch of people were being shuttled through the tunnel to the Hogs Head to be taken home, or some other space.

Inside the castle, there was far too much going on for our two time travellers to comprehend. They had heard the snippets, however this was way more than they had ever imagined. They were only able to catch a portion of what was going on.

The biggest thing they knew was the threat pressed into their ears by the Dark Lord. By midnight, he was to have Harry Potter in the forbidden forest, or everyone would die. Cats ensued.

Harry was a wild goose chase looking for "something of Ravenclaw's". Big help it was that he had no idea what on earth he was talking about.

Ron and Hermione had split off from the group to go open the Chamber of Secrets to grab basilisk teeth to destroy whatever Harry found to be the horcrux.

Luna, who had come with Bill on his brief appearance, followed Harry. She knew what the chosen one should be looking for, but he refused to listen. She got fed up and screamed to the boy, "Harry Potter, you listen to me!" he stopped walking away "I know what your looking for."

Victoire had gone with Molly and McGonagall and they, along with a few other professors, were charged with casting protection spells. For her years, this was one of the most difficult magic she had ever attempted.

Teddy went with the twins to rig some rudimentary, Home-Alone, style traps. The three of them first rigged up a tripwire that was strung up along the length of the entrance hall and eventually connected to some magicked tar that immobilized anyone it fell on. The wire itself was charmed not to trip if anyone without a Dark Mark walked through it. They knew they weren't covering all their bases, but they had other plans.

Neville was sent by McGonagall to blow up the bridge. When she suggested he take Seamus with him, he was slightly more excited than he should have been. They set up their impressive pyrotechnics and ran like hell as Seamus shot a spark, lighting the whole thing up.

Remus had showed and he, along with Kingsley Shacklebot and Mundungus Fletcher, were using conjured cinderblock to barre off sections of the castle. Half to limit the battle, and the other half to protect some of the younger students who they couldn't shuffle out in time.

Professor Sprout enlisted some of her Hufflepuff students to plant dangerous and venomous plants around the castle. One of the students, Ernie Macmillan, brought some of them to Fred, George, and Teddy to set them up in some of their traps.

Aberforth ran about in the halls, enchanting the suits of armour to fight and defend the castle. McGonagall did the same to the outside.

Hagrid had run off to grab his half brother, Grawp, and set him to fight the opposing giants. He also set his boarhound, Fang, loose to fend for himself and attack at his own will.

The protection spells broke. Voldemort and his Death Eaters were able to force themselves through. Death Eaters swarmed and spread out through the mess of students, attacking anyone at will. Several students fell quickly. Others fled.

Harry realized it was midnight. With the threat looming over him, he began to think. By then, he had found and destroyed the horcrux with Ron and Hermione. They had returned to the heat of the battle and were ambushed by six Death Eaters, each more bloodthirsty than the last.

Victoire was watching this happen. She noticed Fred and Percy going towards them, each taking on one of the Death Eaters themselves. She heard Percy talking, he was apologizing. Fred began to laugh.

Victoire started sprinting. She began chanting the now-quite-familiar spell as fast as her lips could move. She knew she soured a couple words but prayed to Merlin she said them well enough. Fred had said his final words, and a big boomed sounded. Vic had no choice. She dove, saying the last words of her spell, and pushed her uncle out from under the rock. Just before it hit her, she saw Fred's body turn to smoke and dissipate into thin air. Somehow, Fred was able to comprehend what was going on and turned his wand on her just before he disappeared. Vic didn't know what he had done, or had been trying to do, for she passed out as the rock hit her before she had any chance to see.

Teddy was running around, sending spells every which way, never focusing on one adversary but helping of fighters with their foes. As the second telepathic message came through. The first part of the Battle was over. Teddy rounded a corner into the Great Hall where bodies were lined up on each side. He spotted the Weasleys.

Molly was crying over her children. She had Ginny in a death grip in one arm, and Percy in the other. Charlie, who had shown up with dragon halfway through like the badass he is, was hugging his father, right in Molly's sight lines. Ron was standing nearby. He was scowling and not saying anything. George, though, was the worst off our of all of them. He was pacing and his hand was clamped over his mouth. He looked as if he was about to hurl. When he saw Teddy, he stormed over.

"Where's my brother?" He demanded. He shoved his finger into Ted's chest. "Where the hell is he? I can't find him."

"I- I don't know." Teddy was dumbfounded. "I was looking for vic, have you seen her?"

"What- no! I'm looking for Fred, not Victoire!"

"George, I'm sorry. I'll let you know if I see him though." George didn't calm at all, but Teddy didn't exactly give him a chance to. He walked away.

He walked out of the Great Hall and down a few hallways. He didn't see Vic or Fred anywhere. He was starting to get more and more worried. He was down near one of the cinderblocked halls when he say a girl, around 15, and a boy, around 13. They both had platinum blond hair and anxious looks.

"Teddy?!" The girl exclaimed. The likeness she had to Vic were uncanny. "Oh my Merlin, Teddy, is that really you?" She ran up to him and wrapped her arms around him. The younger boy approached a little more cautiously.

"Dominique? Louis? What the... How are you here? Why are you here?" Teddy stumbled over his words.

"I should be asking you those questions. We thought you were dead! Where's Vicki? Is she with you? " Dominique was spitting off words.

"What's going on here. Why are things so different?" Louis felt the cinderblock beside him."

"You don't know..." Teddy realized "You still think you're in 2015."

"Teddy, I don't know where you've been for the past two years, but it 2017 now."

"No, it's not."

(A/N: I have a confession, in the past week I've spent more time working on the sequel to this than actually working on this. Oops. -Jul.)