sixty-three

"Don't you love the smell of death in the air." Seamus Finnigan muttered. He, and the few other students who wouldn't be murdered outside of the walls of the Room of Requirement, we're filing out of the room headed to the Great Hall after Headmaster Snape had called all students for some sort of meeting. Most of them knew, of course, that the meeting was because he knew Harry was in the castle. His little Snapey sensors had gone off or something but he just knew. Harry hid under his cloak as he stuck close to Neville. Teddy had gone with them, disguised of course, in case he was needed. Victoire stayed behind with the more vulnerable students and waited for the arrival of the Order members.

First to arrive was, surprisingly, the Weasleys. Vic had figured they would take a little more time to compose themselves to get put of hiding. Alas she was wrong, and she greeted them with open arms and hugs. It was the whole Weasley Clan, however. Of course Ron was already there --he and Hermione had waiting behind-- and Charlie was still in Romania, Percy was off with the Ministry, and Ginny had come ahead to have a tearful but quick reunion with Harry, finally Bill, they weren't quite aware of his location but it was assumed that he would be staying at home with his very pregnant wife.

All that really left was Molly, Arthur, and the twins. Long story short, she hugged them and they were happy. For a moment. The heaviness of the war set in. Final battle equals death.

Kingsley Shacklebot showed next. They said a quick hello and he moved totally to some of the students to get an inside perspective, he said.

Next to come along was Bill. Vic was more than surprised to see him.

"Bill!" she exclaimed in surprise. The twins came back over to see their brother. "What're you doing here?"

"I'm here to help, of course." he smiled and gave Fred a quick side hug. "Why are you so surprised?"

"Well, I mean, Fleur." Vic stumbled over her words.

"Don't worry, she's at home with her mother. She's fine."

"Bill, that's not it." Vic said again. "It's just that, it's my birthday." Bill's jaw dropped.

"Oh, happy birthday!" Fred smiled.

"Don't be thick, you dunce." George gave him a smack over the head. "Fleur is going into labour today." Bill paled even more.

"Oh." Fred said simply. He still didn't get it. "Oh!" he finally realized it. "Oh Merlin, Bill. You'd better get going"

"No kidding, moron." George went to slap his twin again, but Fred caught his hand.

"Watch it." he warned.

Bill finally unfroze. He ran his hands through his hair and looked to his feet. "I gotta go." He spun on his heels and practically sprinted through the tunnel.

"Happy birthday, Vic." Fred and George said. The smiled quickly left though.

Teddy, who had made his way to the Great Hall, was deep in a crowd of students. His mind flashed back to five years earlier when he was a student himself. He heard Snape make his shallow speech about finding Harry.

When Harry revealed himself, Snape drew his wand and angrily pointed it at the boy who lived. Worried murmurs shuttered through the crowd.

McGonagall drew her wand in retaliation, trying to protect the boy who she had all but raised. The crowd split straight down the middle. All hell was about to break loose.

Only about 3 spells were let loose before Snape fled his post as Headmaster. During the kerfuffle, Harry slipped back under his cloak and disappeared. Teddy felt Harry brush past as him as he maneuvered his way through the students.

The battle was about to begin.