forty-six

Chapter 46

"So, we're here?" Victoire asked unsure. "It worked?"

"It should have." Teddy nodded "first you see a newspaper, check the date."

Victoire nodded. "Where do we go? We can't exactly go knocking down their door."

"I realise that. We also need Remus." Teddy thought for a moment "You're not going to like this, but we'll have to split up. You go find Sirius, I'll find Remus."

"If we must." Victoire sighed. "If you can't find him within the day, meet me on the street of Grimmauld. "

"Alright." Teddy nodded firmly "Oh, one more thing."

"What is it?"

"I love you."

Victoire's face broke out in a huge dopey grin. "I love you too."

Teddy kissed her quickly and she apparated away to Grimmauld place. She stood on the street and her mind went racing about what she was going to do to get inside. The plan she thought up, she thought was crazy. It just might work.

"Sirius Black!" She cried. She tried to make herself sound angry. "I know you're around here somewhere! I swear if you don't come out to talk to me! I'll- I'll-" she never had a chance to speak a threat

"Stupefy!" A voice called.

*******

When Victoire woke up, she was in a room that she was sure was in number 12 Grimmauld place. Shockingly, there wasn't anyone guarding the doorway. Either something was up with the order, or they had gotten a lot more trustworthy in 14 years.

Cautiously, Vic creeped out of the room. She heard yelling. She followed the noise.

"Well I would be guarding the door if I weren't over here being yelled at by you." The voice of Nymphadora Tonks yelled.

"I suggest you get back to your post then." The voice of Severus Snape quipped back.

"I'll have you know I'm great at my job Snape, and I don't appreciate you doubting me like this."

"She really is." Victoire joined in. Snape just stared at her. "Good to see you Snape. We're a long ways from Slughorn reporting me and Ted through you and Regulus Black just to get back at McGonagall."

"I'll sorry, do I know you?" Snape sneered.

"Not formally." Victoire stuck out her hand "Victoire Wilson." Without a word, Snape turned and stalked away. Vic turned to Tonks.

"You'd better come this way." She said, shaking her head.

They walked past a staircase. Where Vic swore she her someone telling someone else to move as well as some muffled shuffling. Tonks led Victoire through a door and into the dining room of the house. There, people were milling about.

"Tonks, we're just about to start the Order meeting." Kingsley Shaklebot said in passing. Tonks nodded. Attention was drawn to her as she tried to move to sit down, but instead knocked the chair over and fell over with it.

Attention then shifted to Victoire, the odd woman out in the room. Sirius Black, who was sitting at the head of the table and walked over to her. He drew his hand back and slapped Vic hard across the face.

Several people jumped up the stop the man but Vic told them to back off.

"No, no," she said "I deserve this." Sirius' face softened and he smiled. He quickly wrapped Vic into a hug.

"It's good to see you old friend." He whispered to her.

"You too." Vic whispered back.

"Excuse me, but how do we know this girl is who she says she is?" One of the Order members said "And who does she say she it. Do we really want someone that made Sirius slap her as a first reaction?"

"He only slapped me because I deserved it." Victoire said "And, my name is Victoire Wilson. I went to Hogwarts for my last year with Sirius as well as I joined the original order before my disappearance in October of 1981."

"Now that's hard to believe." The Order member said "At most, you look twenty. Not 40 something like Sirius. I say you're a Death Eater here to spy on us."

"There's a couple flaws in that plan, sir." Vic shook her head "One, why would I portray a girl long missing that I doubt anyone trusts, and two, why would I just show up yelling on the street." The man was stone faced "And who are you, might I ask."

"Dedulus Diggle. " he muttered. Victoire's eyes went wide. She had known this man, but he had aged horribly. In only 14 years, he looked as if he aged 40. With totally gray hair and a large bald spot. He also had some deepest wrinkles forming.

"Well then it's nice to see you again." She smiled quickly and turned to Sirius "We can all age like him." She whispered. Sirius bit back a laugh.

"Vic do you want to wait for me in the other room. We won't be long here." Sirius said. Vic was about to complain and insist that she should be able to stay there, being an old Order member herself, but she saw the lost cause and nodded.

She walked out of the dining room. She trailed the small hallway and explored inside a couple of the rooms. They were mostly the same, dark, dirty, and dusty. She walked past the stairs again and a voice called out to her.

"Don't worry, you're not the only one kicked out of their meetings just because of age." Vic peered up the dark staircase. All she could really tell was redheaded male. Didn't really narrow it down with the entire Weasley family save for two being there.

"I wasn't blocked for age. I'm older than I look. They just don't trust me showing up out of the blue like I did, yelling like a madman."

"How old are you then?"

"Let's just say I went to school with Sirius and Remus."

"Really?!" The voice said "That's hard to believe."

"I'm flattered but you can ask him if you like." Vic smirked to herself "What are you doing in a dark stairwell?"

"Come and join us. You'll see."

Victoire slowly ascended the stairs and saw that she had been talking to one of the Weasley twins. The other twin was seated right there nest to him.

"George and Fred Weasley!" She exclaimed in surprise "Victoire Wilson, nice to meet you."

"How do you know out names?" One of them asked

"I knew your brother Bill." Vic mumbled quickly. "What are you doing here."

"Trying to listen in to the meeting."

Vic nodded. She sat on one of the steps and looked down. They were using the invention that Vic recognized as extendable ears.

Victoire heard noises behind them. She turned and saw a boy with messy black hair and wire rimmed glasses exit the door. Harry Potter at age 15.

(A/N: ayye welcome to 1995. -Jul)