twenty

Chapter 20

Victoire Weasley

At dinner, all the seventh years who had returned sat together. Lily, Victoire, and Teddy on one side, the Marauders on the other side. Victoire noticed that Lily was sometimes staring at her future husband, though neither of them knew that. Vic kinda guessed that when James saw the photo of her uncle Harry, he didn't see any resemblance to Lily in him, (his eyes weren't exactly easy to see.) so he had decided to himself that he would give up his chase on Lily

Tonight, Hogwarts was serving a beautifully seasoned rack of lamb, with mashed potatoes. Peter seemed to enjoy it the most. His plate was stacked quite high with the spuds.

"How was your Christmas, Lily?" Remus asked her.

"Oh, it was ok. Not the best really." she shrugged "It was actually rather awful."

"Why was it so bad?"

"Tuney's ghastly fiance, and his even worse sister, were over to visit almost every day to plan the wedding. Petunia was shrieking about me being a freak and that I purposefully wanted to ruin her entire wedding after I knocked over one vase. It wasn't even broken or anything, I caught it before it hit the floor."

The silent faces of the Gryffindors stared at her.

"Oh, sorry." she smiled sheepishly "I've just been holding onto that for a while."

"No, it's fine Lils." Victoire hugged her tightly from the side "That sounds like a rubbish way to spend the holidays."

Lily wiped away a tear she didn't even know was falling down her cheek. She tried to smile to show them that she was alright, but that didn't turn out so well. She just leaned into Victoire and laid her head on her shoulder.

"How have your lessons been going with McGonagall?" Sirius asked Teddy, changing the subject for Lily.

"Oh they've been fine, they're a lot like what I did in my early school years, but it's cool to see how mum was when she was young. She's a lot like how Harry told me she was as an adult." he froze, realising the weight of what he said.

Teddy and Victoire had both relaxed a bit in the last few days. The only people they really talked to who were at the castle all knew about their 'situation' so they didn't have to watch their mouths so much when referring to the people they knew with titles and relations. However, now that Lily had returned, and more people would be returning soon, the time travelers wouldn't be able to get away with saying the same types of things.

Lily took her head off of Vic's shoulder. "What do you mean 'mum'?" she asked. She was obviously confused.

"Maybe we should wait until there aren't so many people around." Vic said. She didn't see any obvious escape route, besides telling her the truth. Any lie they would tell would be a little messy, and hard to keep up with. Besides, where's the harm in telling Lily? Every story they had heard about her said she was a kind and caring person with a fiery side, but above all, she was there for her friends and trustworthy.

"We'll tell you everything then." Ted said

(A/N: Hi every body! A shorter chapter for you, but I wanted to update. I have and announcement for you. I UPLOADED A NEW STORY!! It's called The Dark Side Wins. It's not a time travel story like my last 3 have been (lol) but it's a next gen story (obviously Harry Potter). Please read it and vote on it and share it with all your amigos! I'm updating it everyday for now, I have a bunch pre-written. I actually going to upload a chapter right after this. I'm gonna go do that now, bye! -Jul)

Hi. So I have no idea how this chapter slipped through the cracks and wast uploaded, but it will be now. I also have another chapter explaining my disappearance.