sixty-five

George couldn't help but worry. How could he?! He was in the middle of a battle field for Merlin's sake, and his brother was MIA. The same brother who he was warned was going to die an early death.

He thought about retracing his steps. Where was the last place he saw Fred? Well, he was talking to Percy before the retreat. Maybe Percy knew. He looked to Percy. He was biting his lip and staring blankly through his now broken glasses. He looked quite distraught, to say the least.

George thought best not to ask him. He wandered out of the Great Hall and into the entrance hall. Broken infrastructure everywhere. There were burn marks on the walls, and crushed rocket from the concrete floor being blown up. The worst damage to the hall was the wall that had come down. Its pieces were large and everywhere. George walked toward it. He wanted to see... well he didn't know what he wanted to see. He was just... drawn to it. He couldn't explain it.

He crouched down and ran his hand along the broken stone. He stood up again and walked around it. He crouched down again. There was something out of place among the stone. It was odd. It looked like a stone, maybe, but not quite. George reached out to feel it like he did the stone, but it twitched. He recoiled immediately.

"Oh, Merliln, Freddy?" It was a hand. Pale, purple, blue, cold, and alive! George took his wand and quickly levitated the rock. It wasn't Fred, but Victoire. George set the stone to the side and jumped to the girl's side. "Help!" He yelled "Help! She's hurt but she moved!" he placed to fingers to her neck. He felt a weak pulse.

Madam Pomfrey was at his side within no time. Vic was being tended to by expert hands. Later, the Healer spoke her prognosis. "She'll be ok." she announced "She wasn't hurt too bad. The rock was only crushing her hand, which I'll have fixed up in a week... if we have a week, but her body wasn't touch at all. It was like she, or someone else, cast a spell that save her."

"When will she wake up?" Molly asked. She still had not let go of Percy, but Ginny seemed to have escaped her grasp.

"In about, three..., two..., one..., Rennervate." Vic sat up.

"What happened?!" She blurted immediately.

"Victoire, you were crushed under a wall." Molly spoke softly.

"Mother," Percy spoke softly. "you still haven't told me who this is. I have no clue who this is."

"I'm Victoire, a friend of-" she off handedly pointed to George "-him's."

"That make no grammatical sense." Percy looked to his mother for confirmation.

"Doesn't matter." Vic waved him off. "Have any of you seen my Teddy."

"She looking for a toy?" Percy asked incredulously. "After she just got crushed by a wall?"

"Hush." Molly told him. "Vic, honey, we haven't seen him. He was looking for you about fifteen minutes ago, but we haven't seen him since."

"Vic, have you seen Freddy?" George stepped in front of her.

"Yeah... yeah... He's tomorrow."

"What on earth? Is she alright in the head?" Percy was genuinely confused as to why no one else was worried.

"I'm Saint-like!" she cried out. "No wait, that doesn't work... I haven't got any holes in my head..." she seemed just as confused a Percy!

"No holes that we can see anyway." George laughed. Victoire joined in. Their laughing soon turned into crying on each other's shoulder. Madam Pomfrey subtlety left to tend to another patient, not being overly concerned with this patient. Molly led Percy away (who was still asking questions) while Vic and George just cried.