fifty-one

Chapter 51

For the next few days, the group was tense. The adults seemed to be walking on eggshells, and the younger kids were picking up on the behaviour.

The adults only spoke when needed, and only did things necessary. This mostly included cleaning, which Vic and Teddy jumped on at Molly's request.

After two days, the kids were shipped off on the Hogwarts Express for the start of term on September 1st.

The house quieted down quite a bit. Sirius was getting stir crazy. So was Teddy. He seemed to be feeling the effects of the lunar cycle much more than Victoire or even Remus. Vic guessed it was because of the time travel but she wasn't sure.

Everyone seemed to be getting restless. Molly tried her hardest to direct unused energy into cleaning, but Sirius was the worst of them all.

With the full moon aproching on the 11th, Victoire began begging the order members to let her, Teddy, Remus, and Sirius all out for the full moon.

After a full week of pestering, they finally got permission. Under the conditions that none of them, save Remus, we're allowed out of their animagus form. Victoire suspected that it was because they were sick of her nagging. Teddy just as much told her that he was, but Vic blamed him on the full moon.

The day of the eleventh, the four old school friends left a little earlier than what they has originally said. They were restless and with three of them feeling the moon, that much tension under one roof, someone was bound to be murdered before sun down.

So they snuck off. Teddy was ninety percent sure that Molly was talking to them while they left, but her just let his wolf side ignore it.

Sirius trotted along in his dog form as happy as he could be to be away from the house that held so many awful memories. Vic and Teddy hadn't quite shifted yet though. They thought it would be weird to see a horse and a bear walking down the street. Instead, Teddy just shifted his appearance. Not by much but he did give himself a normal hair colour (blonde) and tried to keep the fast aproching full moon from turning his eyes amber.

Vic wore a floppy hat.

Remus apparated the three humans and one dog to Hogsmeade where they were met by Professor McGonagall.

"I have to say I don't agree with this." She said.

"We know, Professor." Remus said. "But thank you for doing it anyway." McGonagall gave them a sad and forced smile.

"Good to see you two again." She said to Vic and Teddy beneath their pitiful disguises. They smiled back.

McGonagall led them up past the Hogsmeade train station and to a single carriage that awaited them. It was nice to say that none of them could see the thestrals... yet.

Getting out of the carriage at the school, the group headed towards the forest for their night adventure.

Teddy and Victoire changed into their animagus form and join Sirius with moving deeper into the forest. Remus walked at a quick pace, eager to get away from the forest edge and the mass of students nearby. He was remembering the events of a year and a half earlier quite vividly.

They picked up the pace as the sun went down. They found themselves in a clearing and Remus drank his last dose of wolfsbane potion before his face began to contort. His nose grew longer into a snout and his other limbs grew into legs with paws. Remus cried out in pain and fell over once the transformation was complete.

Padfoot walked over and nudged his snout into the werewolf. Moony stirred slightly and weakly lifted his head. He let out a pitiful howl. Padfoot whimpered but Moony seemed to nod his head.

After they were reassured Remus/Moony would be fine, the other three took off. They sprinted through the undergrowth a lightning speed. They were all over joyed to be out of the demon house. Sirius most of all.

Eventually the sun glittered upon the horizon and rays of golden light littered in through the canopy. The three Animagi returned to the spot where they had left Remus. There the man was lying on the forest floor in tattered close. His breathing was fast and his face to the ground but he seemed alive and well. Vic changed into her human form and reached out to Remus he lifted his head and gave her a weak smile. He had survived another full moon.

Reluctantly, the four headed back to Grimmauld Place.

(A/N: hey all. Sorry for not uploading, I moved and I don't have wifi and my new place as well as being so busy and not being able to write. I uploaded a new story it's called the order's spy. Go read it and comment on it. I'll update it as often as possible. Love you all!  -Jul)