five

Chapter 5
Teddy Lupin

Teddy couldn't deny he was mad at Victoire. She was way out of line the previous night. She, of all people, knew what it was like to know what it was like for him, with her father and all.

While he wasn't a werewolf, being born to one rather than being bitten like the conventional way, he did exhibit wolfish qualities every month around the full moon. Such as, moodiness, sudden anger spikes, not being able to control his temper, a certain affinity for rare -almost raw- meat, his hair grew at a quicker pace, and on certain full moons, his eyes might also change from their natural brown to a striking amber. Teddy was sometimes able to control the colour with his metamorphic powers, but it all depended on the gravity and severity of the lunar cycle.

When Teddy saw Victoire at breakfast the next morning, he was pissed, to say the least. He couldn't help but glare as she approached him. She muttered a quick apology and ran off, but not before she said 'But I still mean the other things I said.'

Teddy's face softened, ever so slightly as she watched her go.

"What did she say about your family?" Remus inquired

"She just said a couple nasty things about my father." Teddy blowed him off.

He packed up his books and rushed off to class. He avoided all the seventh years but kept half an eye out for Victoire. She didn't show up for transfiguration. She didn't show up at lunch. She wasn't even there for afternoon Charms -her favorite class.

Teddy began to worry she had something drastic. He kept the feel of anxiety right up until he saw Vic rush out of the common room from the girl's dorm, her eyes puffy and red. She ran past the boys, just sitting in the common room trying to do homework, not even noticing them.

Ted's eyes followed her. Just as Vic left, a first year boy came in. A redheaded boy known as Bill Weasley.

"You Teddy Luther?" he asked

"Yeah." he nodded

"Dumbledore wants to see you in his office." Bill said

"Oh, thanks." Teddy nodded "Do you know why?"

"No, he just said to pass on the message."

Teddy shared a glance at the boys. James and Sirius shrugged so he left up to the headmaster's office.

After muttering the password (it was unchanged since the start of term) he went up the spiral stairs and knocked on the office door. He was signalled in by the voice of Albus Dumbledore.

"Ah, Mister Lupin." the headmaster greeted him "Please sit," he gestured to the chair in front of him. Teddy sat down. "I was wondering if you would be interested in taking a class every Monday with Professor McGonagall."

"What sort of classes, sir?" Teddy asked

"To learn more about how to control your metamorphmic abilities." Dumbledore explained "Have you taken any such course in your previous schooling?"

"Yeah, in first and second year with McGonagall. I didn't get too far though. In third year I got too busy to continue and we never really picked things back up once things calmed down."

"So it would something of intrest to you?" Teddy nodded "Well then. Be at McGonagall's office at seven." Teddy got up to leave.

"Thanks you professor." he said just as he was shutting the office door.

"Oh, and one more thing." Teddy paused "You will be sharing these lessons with one other student."

"Who?" Teddy asked, though he thought he knew.

"A Hufflepuff student" Dumbledore said "By the name of Nymphadora Tonks."

(A/N: Shortest chapter ever but I wanted to give you something before I completely disappear. Update will be very slow from now until at the minimum the second week of march. We only have one month left until opening night for theater so things are getting hectic. Also course planning is coming up so I have to make some pretty major decisions as well as talk them out with a bunch of people. I am sorry a million times over but this is the way it has to be for the moment. Same goes for any of my other stories. -Jul)