fifty-six

Chapter 56

Arriving on the scene at the Department of Mysteries, it wasn't pretty. Spells were flying every direction, there were bodies cowering behind random objects, such as discarded chairs, for fear of being hit.

Vic and Teddy were immediately forced to split up when a red jet of magic flew in between them, whizzing past just a little too close for comfort. They exchanged a quick panicked look. Teddy's face grew firm and grim as he nodded to his girlfriend. He gripped his wand tighter and turned away, heading toward Remus who was fighting the death eater known as Mulciber. He sent three stunning spells in quick succession. Two of them were blocked, but the last one struck him square in the chest. Remus turned and gave him a grateful, but weak, smile. He wiped some sweat of his brow and ran off to help McGonagall, not that she needed help, with three Death Eaters on one.

Victoire, who headed the other way, went to help Neville and Luna. They were being ganged up on by four Death Eaters, the poor souls. Victorie ran to their rescue. The Death Eaters split, one of one for the two younger kids and two against one for Vic. She threw curse after curse after curse at the enemy but the town only seemed to come back stronger, sending more curses than Vic could even must to think.

"Impedimenta!" Vic yelled. The first foe froze momentarily before Vic sent another spell towards him. While she made eye contacts with Luna, who had been able to stun her attacker, and used Aqua-Erecto, pointing it towards the momentarily stunned Death Eater. Vic cried out, "Ebublio!" and the Death Eater was lifted into the air in a giant bubble before it popped on the ceiling and he came crashing down on the other Death Eaters, knocking them both out.

The two girls turned to help Neville, but just as they went to help, Neville stunned but only after the Death Eater was able to send off a rogue curse breaking Ginny's ankle behind the small group. Ginny's ankle buckled and she fell to the ground. Another Death Eater advanced on her but before he could do anything, Vic yelled out "Stupefy!" Neville ran forward to help Ginny up and get her out of harm's way. Only now did Vic notice that his nose was bleeding.

Teddy was floundering fighting Anton Dalahov. He was being the worst pain in the ass, sending killing curse after killing curse right at him.

"Engorgio Skulllus!" Teddy cried. Dolahov's skull swelled to an abnormally large size. His bobble head cause him to topple over, but he soon recovered and said the counter-jinx to his head. Teddy took the time to get himself out of the way, and Dolahov set his sights on another person.

He starting chanting curse after curse of a deadly string of spells, Teddy jumped back into action screaming "Incarcerous!" Think ropes were conjured and started strangling Dolahov. He was lifted into the air but not before some of the curses were shot at Hermione. She screamed a blood curdling scream and she fell to the ground.

Teddy jumped to action and bound Dolahov in more ropes. He then ran to Hermione and did a few quick healing spells, but he didn't know how to do much. He picked her up and brought her to the side lines so she wouldn't get more hurt. He reassured her that everything would be fine and promised to send her further help before running back into the thick of things.

In the middle of the grand room, Bellatrix Estrange and Sirius Black were dulling to their wits' end. Teddy froze as he heard Sirius say the words, "Come on, you can do better than that!" His infamous last words. Teddy began thinking at record paces. He cam to a decision and began chasing a rather long spell. He spoke as fast as his words would come out of his mouth, but it didn't seem fast enough. Time seemed to slow until, until, until...

Victoire watched in horror as she gazed upon Sirius and his cousin. Bellatrix sent a white stunning spell towards the man, and it hit him square in the chest. His body fell backwards and his finger slipped through the fatal veil behind him. His body rose up and disported like ash. He was gone. They had failed again. Sirius is gone.

Vic sunk to her knees. The grief echoed through not just her, but the entire room. Harry was crying out, only being held back from running after his godfather by the firm embrace of Remus. Harry thrashed in his old professor's arms until he broke free and chased after Sirius' muderer who was chanting "I killed Sirius Black! I killed Sirius Black!"

All Vic thought was that she had lost hope of ever saving any one of their friends. All Teddy thought was that they finally had hope.

Had Teddy saved Sirius, or had he been doomed to the veil after all?

(A/N: Ok, so this took a while. I've been having trouble with wattpad and i have no idea if this was published with only half a chapter or not but i hope not. I hope this publishes too, because I have had to write this multiple times after loosing the chapter. Ugh, this was kinda hard. What ever -Jul)