Chapter Three

Before I know it, I'm under water and Michael is under me. I float to the top, Michael popping up right beside me. He flings his hair from his face and wipes the water from over his eyes. 

"Michael Gordon! You did not just do that!" I dunk him under, but he holds my hands and drags me under again. We pop up above the water, which is nice and cool compared to the heated air.

"Well, how'd your little plan turn out for you?" Michael says, swimming closer to me. "Pretty good, loser. Now stay on that side of the pool!" I swim to the other end, but he comes closer.

"Why? You scared of me?" he replies with a devilish smirk on his face as he continues to swim closer.

"No, just. Well, I'm just not that fond of you…" I joke, holding a straight face. I head for the corner of the pool where the steps are.

"Ah, you're no fun," he says, still moving closer.

"Ah, you're no fun," I mock him.

"That's it!" he closes the distance and holds me so I can't escape.

"Michael! Put me down!" I laugh, yet yell at the same time. I feel his hands move up along my sides; it tickles, causing me to laugh. I beg him to stop.

"What's the magic word?" he taunts, slowly tickling me more.

"I don't know! Tell me so I can say it!" I squirm under his arm. He has his arms around my waist, but they're so long that they wrap all the way around and his head is next to mine. His low voice is a hum in my ear; even in the cool water, my body is getting goose bumps and is warming up to the vibration of his chest.

"Why would I tell you? Maybe I want to stay like this," his voice is calm and steady. 

I don't say anything, because I want to like him and maybe this is what it will take—him making a move. It could snap me into reality and bitch slap me to make me realize he's who I want to be with.

"Maybe isn't good enough," I tell him, barely above a whisper. I turn my head the direction that his voice is coming from, closing the space between us.

"Hope," he whispers as I get dangerously close.

I look from his eyes to his mouth a hundred times, a hundred miles an hour. My lips connecting with his, it feels right, yet so wrong. His big, soft lips fit onto mine perfectly, but there is no spark. I have butterflies though..? This means something... I turn around to face him, without breaking the kiss. I put my arms around his neck and his return around my waist. He kisses me back. I kiss him again. It is nice, and right. This is what I need.

"Am I interrupting anything?" a voice speaks, making me immediately break from the kiss and look up. Mike doesn't move his hands, and he keeps the distance close.

"As a matter of fact..." Michael replies looking at the blond, but lets his reply die off because whoever he is, knows that we is indeed interrupting.

"Well great! That's what a best mate is here for! Hey babe!" he says, throwing me a nod.

"Hey," I awkwardly say from under Michael's grip.

"Hope, meet Luke. Luke, meet Hope."

#BroCodeFF on twitter