Chapter Six

I feel nervous for whatever he is about to say. We aren't dating, we aren't anything other than a couple confused kisses, so why am I nervous? 

"Michael, tell me," I demand, feeling even more nervous.

"That kiss," he forces the words.

My nervousness is really getting to me. My stomach is starting to turn. I am going to be sick! I turn away so he can't see me. The bushes are the only things close enough that  hide my face. I feel it coming; that terrible knot you get inside of your throat and how every single muscle tightens up and clenches, and you start choking on nothing. Then it comes. I lunge forward and it dumps out of me.

"Hope, are you okay?" he comes beside me and holds my hair.

"I'm fine, I don't want you to see me like this. Just.. just go home, Michael," I push him in the direction as I lunge forward again. Shit, I hope mom doesn't see this in the morning.

"Are you sure, love?" he checks again, deciding if I need the help or not.

"Positive Mike! Just go home," I quickly say. It isn't that I'm mad, but would you want a guy to see this? Not only that, but his kindness about staying, was aggravating. If I needed help, I would've asked. This is gross, only a girl can see another girl sick. It's just logic.

He doesn't say anything else, he walks away and I hear his window open and then close. I don't try to stay quiet with the last hurl; it all comes out. My head is pounding. Right now, I need to sleep. I open the door and walk in, quietly and carefully. I stop in the kitchen for a Tylenol and a glass of water before taking it. I swallow it and sneak up to my room.

I change out of my other clothes and shove them into the bottom of my hamper, worried that they may smell of alcohol. If they smell like smoke, that is something easy to cover up, but alcohol, not so much. I crawl into bed, my stomach feeling a little better because it's empty. Soon enough I am falling fast asleep. 

"Hope. Honey," my mother wakes me up.

"Hmm," I groan, my head absolutely pounding.

"I have to go into work today, but I'll be home soon," she whispers.

"K, bye," I rolling back over in bed and shove a pillow over my face.

"You look like hell, what happened last night?" she asks, taking the pillow off of my face. I know she's smarter than I give her credit for.

"Last night, after the movie, we went to the sushi place up the block. I think I'm about to start my period, and I got super sick afterwards. I couldn't make it all the way into the house, and may have used your bushes as a waste basket..." I trail off.

"Why didn't you wake me and tell me?" she looks at me concerned, yet still suspicious.

"I knew you were asleep and I knew I wasn't dying. I'm nearly an adult, I took care of it. A couple Tylenol and some water, and came right to bed," I shrug it off. "Why? Did you think I was drunk or something?" I laugh, sealing the lie.

"Only for a minute, but I know my baby girl wouldn't do that," she kisses my cheek. "Are you feeling better now?" 

"Yeah, just a few cramps and cravings," I continue.

"If you need anything, call me on my office phone," she says, getting up.

"I will. Thanks mom, love you," I say, as she reaches my door.

"Love you too, baby," she says, leaving and shutting the door.

I'm glad I'm such a good liar, but if she ever finds out the truth, she'll never trust me the same way again. Now that she's gone, I go down stairs to grab something for this terrible head ache. I try to remember what exactly happen before I got sick, but nothing is coming to me. I remember talking to Casey about her brother being the D.D., but everything after my first couple drinks, is a blur. I could've left for all I know. I remember coming back here and getting sick, just once, before I grabbed some pills and crashed out.