Chapter Eight

I do nothing for the rest of the day because Michael is out doing something, my mom isn't home, and one of my other friends is having boy troubles; if you know me, you know I hate drama and anything that comes with it. I'm not about to call her up just to hear her complain. I mean, Hayley's a cool girl, but Brent is so lame and she deserves better.

I decide to go out and get something to eat for dinner. I've been craving my usual at Subway. I hop on my new penny board and take off towards to footlong heaven. It's a good twenty minute ride, but I don't mind. I'm greeted by the familiar scent of my favorite restaurant. I see Lizz behind the counter; I don't bother to tell her what I want, she knows I'll order my usual.

It's pretty dead, so we make small talk as I eat my meal at a close table and she is in her place behind the counter. We talk for a while, but I know I need to get home. I am on my way out when I see Luke down the road at one of the CD stores. I ride over to him; I don't know what I'm going to say, but starting a conversation shouldn't be hard.

"Luke!" I half yell. I smile and wave as I approach him just before he can go into the small store.

"Hey! How's it going, Hope?" he asks, giving me a friendly side hug.

"Good! What about you?" I ask.

"I'm doing pretty good; just getting some CD's for this weekend," he winks at me. I smile shyly at it.

"Ah, so you have it planned out already?" I ask, closing my eyes slightly, as if I could see his plans.

"Of course! As soon as you text me, I knew what we were going to do," he smiles. "Come in and help me pick some good ones?" he asks, nodding towards the door.

"Sure, but you can't make fun of me if you think my taste is lame or something," I joke.

"Fair enough," he laughs, opening the door for me.

We walk inside and I head for the section where my favorite band is kept. I hear that The Cab finally put out their new album, I've been dying to listen to it. I scan through the names and titles of all the albums I've never seen or heard. Finally, my eyes fall onto what I've been looking for. I turn around to face Luke, showing him my choice.

"No way," he says, with a little shock.

"What? If you say you don't like The Cab, I may hit you."

"I wouldn't ever say that! I love them! I totally thought you would be one of those Justin Bieber, Cody Simpson girls," he laughs in amusement.

"Once upon a time, I was that girl. I mean, I love One Direction, but they aren't young like Cody or an asshole like Justin. Is that classified as a lame music choice?" I ask.

He shifts in his spot, thinking. "Ya know? I think I've only hear their one really popular song. The one about flipping their hair. It was catchy, but not my type. Do they have any other good ones?" he asks.

"Yeah. What Makes You Beautiful is one of my least favorites. I'll have to play it on iTunes for you sometime," I smile.

"What about Blink 182?" he asks with hopeful eyes.

"I only know their one song, Miss You. Is that a song or am I crazy?" I'm not completely sure.

"Yeah, it's a song," he laughs. "I'll have to show you more songs for sure."

"What about Ed? Please tell me you love Ed!" I beg.

"Who's Ed?" he looks at me with a funny face.

"You're kidding right? Ed Sheeran, the best singer to have been blessed into the music industry," I gossip.

"I was completely kidding! I've actually done a cover of his song, Lego House," he tells me.

"Seriously? You're going to have to let me watch it," I say, purposely bumping into him.

"It's a date. Well, a second one," he winks again. It gives me butterflies. He's smooth..

"Sounds fine to me," I flirtatiously smile back. "But, I have to go," I feel my lips pull down into a frown.

"Plans?" 

"No, mom just wants me back home," I simply state.

"Do you need a ride?" he offers.

"Nah, I'm gonna ride home," I hold up my board.

"Okay! Well it was nice seeing you," he smiles and leans in for a hug. His long arms wrap around my smaller body. He's much taller than I am as well.

"You too," I say, breaking from the hug, "see you Saturday?" 

"I wouldn't miss it!" he smiles innocently. "Text me later?"

"Sure," I smile, once again. I set my album down, and head for the exit. As I walk out of the door, I wave good bye to him, noticing that he is watching me leave.

Saturday is going to be so fun. I decide I should invite Michael over tomorrow or Saturday morning to help me pick  out what I should wear. What's hot to a guy? He'll tell me. Who know's, maybe we'll share a hug and a snuggle while he's over. It'll only make revenge taste that much sweeter. Something inside of me is saying that it was too far, but the other part of me is still mad. No doubt; fuck the bro code.