Chapter Thirty-Three

200 VOTES            +             70 COMMENTS

#BroCodeFF on twitter. Send me more edits!  :)

I'll edit it tomorrow in study hall.

ENJOYxx

Michael's POV

Debating whether or not to pull her in, I decided against it. I don't know if she has her phone in a pocket or anything else, so I left her dry. I peel my shirt and shorts free from my body and toss them onto a chair, staying only in my boxers.

"You're so lucky I'm a nice guy!" I say, wiping the water from my eyes. 

"Well, nice guys are no fun," she smirks, standing up. She pulls her shirt from her hips over her head and lets it fall to the ground next to her. She doesn't break her eye contact from me, which is weird to admit as a turn on. She pulls the string from the pants she's wearing and they drop down, meeting her shirt. She steps slowly from them and brings her hair over one shoulder, the pink giving her an edge that is almost desirable. I let my eyes quickly scan down her tiny, yet tall frame. She shifts her weight from foot to foot, nervously awaiting any type of response to her bold moves. 

"You're beautiful," my voice sounds a lot less confident than I'm feeling. 

"Thanks," she whispers, looking to her feet. You can't read her thoughts as easily as you can Hope's, but in this minute, you can see her wiping any doubt away. Her shy eyes erupt with life and energy as they meet my gaze. "You think you got enough room in there?" she smiles. 

"Depends," I laugh. She backs up a few steps, her eyes as mischevious as ever.

"I'm heading right for you," she chuckles and starts running. I float back in the pool so she doesn't actually land on me, we'd both be hurt. Leaping into the air, she pulls her knees to her chest and lands ass first, making a huge splash in the water. For a tiny girl, she sure can make a big cannonball wave.

I watch as she swims closer to me under the clear, blue water. Her long blonde and pink hair follows behind her, she looks almost like a mermaid. Stoppping right in front of me, she slowly emerges from the water. Her eyes are a brighter green than I once thought, the pool lights shimmer against the droplets falling from her hair. She really is beautiful. 

"You can stop staring you know," she smiles timidly.

"I can't, actually. How have I been missing this all these years?" I admit. Only my mind was supposed to know those words, but my mouth spoke the secrets. 

"I'm not that great," she says, she takes a step back, causing the water to ripple around her. 

I take a step forward and wrap my arm around her waist. "I beg to differ."

"You hardly know the real me, Michael," she says, looking away from me. 

"Yeah, I know. Seems to be a slight problem, doesn't it?" I bend down and mumble into her ear. Her hands, which are slightly cold, are brought to my chest, almost as if she was creating a barrier, but instead of pushing away, they relax against my skin. I feel the chills throughout my body from her cold touch, goosebumps pop from my smooth skin. 

"When did you get so ballsy?" she asks.

"Probably when you star-" I'm cut off by someone pulling to Hope's driveway, the car door slams shut, and I can hear muffled sobs. I can't help but want to go over, but I can't, and I won't. I look back to Casey who looks a little let down.