Chapter Twenty-Four

IMPORTANT: I EDITED LAST CHAPTER ! there is dialogue added for all you Lokey shippers! You need to read it. 

195 VOTES            +           70 COMMENTS         =        SUNDAY CHAPTER

Also, I have had a good friend, Jackie Young, do a cover of the song Michael sings, it's slowed down to fit the mood. I was so fucking pumped when she accepted! If you're on you're phone, hit the screen so you can see the vote button, and then at the bottom is the little black bar saying the chapter and story. Click the black bar, it'll take you to the next screen, there will be four buttons at the top and I think it's the last one that will play the song. I love it. Her twitter is @jyoungmusic_

ENJOYxx

Hope's POV:

The serendipitous moment is ruined by Luke's phone ringing. He promises he would've ignored it if it hadn't been his mom. They exchange a few words before he hangs up. He tells me that dinner is ready and we should go back to the house. The journey back seems much shorter than the way here, though it typically feels that way with anything. When we come into view of the house, more than one person is inside. A man.

"Who's that?" I ask Luke.

"That's my dad," he says. Luke holds the door open for me when we reach the house. I mumble a 'thank you' and step through. We turn the corner and go up a couple stairs to see the kitchen and living room. The table is set with cute flower dishes and the counter is covered in food that makes my mouth water at the sight of it. 

"You must be, Hope," Luke's dad says approaching me, sticking a hand out for me to shake.

"That's me," I smile. Luke didn't tell me his name.

"It's nice to meet you sweetie. I'm Andrew," his smile is exactly the same as Luke's. "Please, have a seat," he pulls out a chair for me. I sit down and Luke sits across from me, with the end seats left for his parents. 

"I hope you like spaghetti and chicken breasts," she smiles and sets the dishes down in the middle of the table. It's even more mouth watering when it's right in front of me. I feel slightly awkward at the table as his parents sit down. I start fiddling with my fingers to help calm me. I don't know why I'm nervous, but I am. What if they don't like me. I feel a foot tap mine under the table. My eyes shoot to both Liz and Andrew, but neither acknowledge me. I look to Luke; his face is sweet, his smile is large and obnoxious, lightening my mood. I'm glad he took notice of my non-confident stature. 

I give a half smile. "Bigger," he mouths. I put on my cheesiest smile and crazy eyes. Luke laughs, drawing the attention of his parents. I drop my smile immediately, hopefully they didn't see. 

"Something funny?' Liz asks.

"She told a joke," Luke lies.

"Funny, I didn't hear her say anything, did you, Andrew?" she smirks to her husband. I grin in my seat, knowing that Luke's lie wasn't meant as a real cover.

"No dear, I don't believe I did. Why don't you retell it, Hope," he smiles.

"It's one of those ones that you have to hear the first time, sorry," I stiffen a giggle.

"Yeah, you were too busy scooping mountains of food onto your plate to hear it," Luke laughs at his dad.

"So I'm not going to get to hear the joke?' Liz asks.

"No, comedy hour for Hope Taylor is over," I say timidly, but try to sound more myself.

"What a shame," she smiles. I look up to Luke who winks at me, but I return a joking glare.