Chapter Twenty-Six

IMPORTANT CHANGE!!! 

AT LEAST 20 PEOPLE HAVE TO SCREEN SHOT THEIR FAVORITE PART  FROM ANY CHAPTER IN THE WHOLE BOOK AND TWEET IT TO ME (@MichaelsTwin) USING #BROCODEFF        +         50 COMMENTS. << that's super low!

ONLY COMMENT ONCE!

New chapter when goals are met! :)

I'm switching it for just this ONE CHAPTER so I can figure out what I should write more about. I know my favorite part was either Michael opening up 100% or when Luke opened up to her in the tree house. But screen shot me yours!

ENJOYxx.

Hope's POV

I didn't know what to do. I looked back to the kitchen to my mother, who was watching from afar, her face confused. I make the rash decision to run after him. Why? I don't know, he's right. He's shutting his door and hurrying to start his car, but I stand behind it to keep him from leaving. I make eye contact with him in the rear-view mirror. He looks away. His head dodges down and then falls back on the head rest. I hear his door click open and see his leg come out.

"Hope, what are you doing?" he asks. His voice isn't mad, it isn't emotionless, it sounds sad. His arm hangs over the top of his open door.

"I'm sorry for doing this, I probably look crazy, but I need you to know that it was nothing.." I bite the inside of my cheek.

"It's fine, really. I mean it, you can hang out with whom ever you please," he says, not rude, just clarifying.

"You're not understanding me. I know I can hang out with who I want, but you're still mad or upset about it. To be honest, I'm not sure which one," I admit.

He steps from the comfort of the nook he was in and moves toward me. "I'm upset," he tells me, looking to the ground. "I know you and Michael are just friends, but how do I know for sure?" he questions.

"Who did I ask to stay?" I reach for his hands. I pull them in front of us and try to look at him. His eyes are gone, in thought, reading something yet to be explained. "Luke?" I ask after he doesn't answer. His hands are pulled from mine, quickly might I add. I suck in a sharp breath when he looks away from me much too fast for my liking. I tried to tell him. I honestly did. I understand it though, I'd be upset too. 

I shove my hands in my back pockets and turn to go back into the house. I've had enough humiliation for one day. I move my foot to take a step, but a strong hand grasps my elbow and turns me around; urgent yet gentle. Luke's eyes search mine as his warm hands move to my cheeks, delicately cupping both. His lips find mine instantly. The knots in my stomach unravel as the common butterflies return. His lips linger over my own, his hands rubbing my cheeks in a sweet manor. "Me," he speaks. I smile, he does understand. 

"You," I smile, wrapping my hands around his neck and pulling him back down. I leave one soft kiss to his lips before I pull away. I can't help but smile as his cheeks flush the familiar red that normally steals my own. "I'm sorry," I tell him. I don't know what exactly I'm sorry for, but I am. 

"It's fine. I overreacted. I'm new to this whole thing. I'm not used to actually liking someone," he tells me. "It's just.." he starts, but stops, unsure whether he should tell me or not.