Chapter Twenty-Nine : PART ONE

Michael's POV

Is it wrong to hope that she heard everything, and she's pissed at him? Yesterday was going so well until that fucker had to come and ruin it, like he always does. I'm done questioning why she chooses him over me, I won't understand it and it's only going to piss me off more. I can only wait for her to come around and start being the girl she was before Luke. You think you have it all figured out, that your friendship is strong, then within thirty seconds, there's a forty foot wall up between us. I crank up the radio in my car to drown out my thoughts. I'm on my way to my mom's work so I can record this song. 

When I pull up to the front building, I am given a pass to park in the garage. It's the first level, so I don't have to walk far to go in. I only briefly say hello to my mother before I'm ushered down the hall with by a man in a fancy suit. 

"I'm going to take you to meet the head of this project. He'll give you all the details of the commercial and you'll have to sign a contract to release the song to us. Your mom did her part all ready," he tells me. I only nod and keep my pace with him.

We reach the end of the hallway, which leads to a big glass door. John Delf CEO is what his door says. The dude next to me knocks once before opening the door. The office is huge and holds a view over the town. The large man comes from behind his desk and shakes my hand, as well as dismissing the other guy that is here.

"Michael! It's nice to meet you, please, sit down," he says. The large leather seats are much nicer than the ones my mom has in her room. I feel slightly awkward in his presence because I don't know him. "Today we're going to have the company driver take you to the studio we've picked," he starts. "We're going to try to get it all done in one sitting, so this way we don't need to pay the cost for another session," he tells me.

"Am I going to be doing it the same as the first time I sang it?" I interrupt with a question. 

"Yeah, but this next time around, we want it to sound professional," he says.

"Why didn't you hire a professional then?"

He looks at me, his hands folded together at chin height. He cocks his head to the side and goes to open his mouth, but then he closes it again. He thinks a little longer. "I guess we thought your voice would match it and capture the emotion better than someone who was only hearing it for the first time," he finally says. "Why? Would you like us to hire a professional instead?"

I sit up in my chair, I didn't intend on coming off as ungrateful, just curious. "No! No, I was only wondering."

"Good, because we're set on you. The driver should be down in the lobby to take you across town. If you are hungry or thirsty, the driver has a company card that you can use," he stands up and walks to the door, opening it for me.

"Thanks for the opportunity," I nod before leaving his office. I stop into my mom's office to say goodbye, then head for the elevator. I expect to be looking for the stereotypical driver in a black suit and a cap, but to my surprise, the man who approaches me is wearing the ugliest fucking Hawaiian shirt and khaki shorts. 

"Michael Clifford?" he asks.

"That's me," I smile and shake his hand. I don't want to seem like a prick. 

"I'm Chris, and you're going across town to record?" he asks to clarify.

"Yeah, I'm not sure of the address or anything, so I hope you are," I tell him as we start to make our way out of the building. He's got a big, black Yukon parked across the road.

"I have it, no worries," he opens his door as I make my way to my side. 

"Am I allowed to sit up front?" I ask, unsure after all the movies I've seen. 

"I don't care. Most people choose to sit in the back, but I'd honestly prefer you to sit in the front. Makes it less awkward," he smiles. I open the door and slide into the passengers seat. 

"Good, I didn't want to feel like a little kid in the backseat," I tell him. 

"I get you. What channel would you like me to put on?" he asks, putting the car into gear, joining the other cars on the street. 

"Whatever is cool with me. You can pick," I tell him. We continue down the street until we pass by buildings that I don't recognize. I realize that we must've left the normal town I'm used to seeing and entered the "across town" part. 

"So how'd you get this little gig anyways?" he asks me. 

"My mom asked me to help her with work one day, so I sung a rough version, and they loved it," I tell him. He turns on his turning signal when we near a narrow, tall building. 

"So it's basically dumb luck?"

"I guess you could call it that," I laugh. 

Important!! I'm changing my name on wattpad for privacy reasons. I don't want it to be my actual name. It is now changed to @MadelineIce     that's >> @madelineice as in an ice cube. Last three letters on my real name, mottice.

#BroCodeFF on twitter