Chapter Twelve

WEDNESDAY UPDATE IF YOU CAN GET 25 COMMENTS AND 55 VOTES. OTHER WISE IT'LL JSUT BE ON SUNDAY. :)

ENJOY..

I watched Luke sing the lyrics into the microphone. He looked so peaceful. His eyes closed, his head swaying to the lyrics that drifted from his lips, his fingers effortlessly moving over the strings as they play the melodic sound that fills the room. his voice was soft and gentle, but held a power that was innocent and flawless. His heart was in the song and it wasn't hard to tell. 

His eyes opened as he neared the end of the song and he looked at me; through me really. My eyes aren't thoughtful enough to capture one as intense as his. They held a tenderness that I held on to as I looked at him. A small smile crept onto his face which followed onto mine. I shouldn't be thinking this deep just because of a song, but I can't help it. It's actually perfect. 

"That's all for me. Have a good night," he smiled and walked off stage, handing his guitar back to the woman who had given it to him. He started walking toward me and I awkwardly started to gather my thoughts and composure. 

"Sooooo. How'd I do?" he asked with a grin.

"It was good!!" I tell him.

He gives a puppy face, "Just good?"

"Okay," I sigh, "it was perfect.." I feel slightly embarrassed telling him.

"Really?" he seems surprised.

"Yeah. You made it look so easy," I admit, twiddling with my thumbs.

"Thanks, I try," he brushed his shoulders jokingly.

"Has your ego always been this big?" I laugh and hit his shoulder. He laughs along.

"Yes. Since I was born," he jokes back.

Just as I was going to say something, our waitress comes back with the bill and sets it on the table. Luke nods a silent thank you and pulls out his wallet, I don't object or ask to pay it myself, although it feels a bit odd since it's not a real date, but he made it clear that he was going to pay.

"You ready?" he says after placing the cash on the table. I nod and get my purse from the back of the chair. He places a hand on the small of my back and leads me out of the cafe, opening the door from behind. The gesture was cute and made me wonder why Michael wouldn't like him, he seems like a nice guy. 

"Where to now?" I ask.

"The pier," he says, starting the car. He pulls out of the lot and the drive isn't far, only about ten minutes. There is hardly anywhere to park so he decides on a a tight fit in a local stores lot. We both have to suck it in and carefully open the doors so we don't hit the cars next to us. 

"Nice spot," I chuckle as I walk over to his side.

"What's a guy to do?" he looks at me with humor behind his eyes. "Hey, at least you're not wearing heels," he looks down to my feet.

"Touche. Talk about a long walk," I open my eyes wide, thinking about the treacherous walk in heels. He laughs and starts walking in the direction of the pier, which is going to be about a ten minute walk from here.

"So did you write that song all by yourself?" I ask, hoping to fill the silence.

"No, Michael helped with it. I don't know why, but neither of us can write songs on our own, we have to be together," he shrugs his shoulders. His steps are much longer than mine, and I can tell that he's slowed down a lot so I could keep up.