Chapter Twenty

use #BroCodeFF to talk to me on twitter! :)

Luke's POV

When I receive the text from Michael, I already can guess what he wants to talk about. He's such a prissy little bitch when it comes to things he can't have. In my opinion, the kid should've gotten over her once she realized he liked her and didn't reciprocate the feelings. I'm not going to listen to his gay ass 'bro code' that he thinks I should respect. I'm all for respecting a guy who's trying to get a girl that wants him, but Michael obviously has no chance with Hope.

Hope's cool, funny, hot as shit, and I imagine she's smart. I usually don't go for chicks like her. I wait for them to come to me--technically she did, but it was different. All the other girls throw themselves at me, she played it cool. She's got this dark tint to her. How she could've just blown off the whole thing with Mike, but she demanded revenge in the cruelest way. I love it. 

She didn't seem like she was fully interested at first, which only ignited my fire further. She's told me she thinks I'm hot, but I know she thinks I'm full of myself. That was one of things Michael told me. He said she wouldn't go for a "douche like me" because she already told him she thought I was cocky and she didn't like that about me; it made her not like me at all.

I do have to say though, when she originally text me, for the fake date, I was actually looking forward to it. I can't remember the last time I went on a legitimate date with a girl. I thought for hours on the perfect idea. Finally, my mom had to help me. I'm just not romantic. 

My phone vibrates in my pocket; I swear to God if this is Mike again I'm going to punch him. I dig for it in my tight black jeans. Thankfully, it's only my mother. I answer, listen to her, then she hangs up. I don't have anything to do for the day except wait around and head to the pier. 

I pull out my laptop and open up my editing software. I click Michael and I's recent list of recordings. Despite our differences and apparent distaste for one another, we make great music together. He can play the guitar like a bad-ass and I can sing decently. 

I open the files of our recordings, picking the best one, then I post them to my Facebook. I don't have the courage to post them to YouTube yet. Some of those comments are so rude. I know people think I'm a complete tool because of my reputation, but I'm not. You just have to get to know me. I watch as my family and couple of friends comment on the video; the notifications lighting up my phone. I have absolutely no idea what to do with the rest of my day, it's only two in the afternoon. Maybe Hope want's to do something?

To Hope:

Hey :) wanna do something?

From Hope: 

I'm not sure. I just talked to Michael and I know he's secretly upset over our fake date tomorrow. :|

I don't like referring to them as fake dates. I want them to be real ones. I want to be able to say: Look at this babe, I get to take out and you don't. Not: Oh look. It's just Luke and Hope. She's using him to make her friend jealous.. 

To Hope:

Awe, why's he upset with you?

From Hope:

Honestly, I think he's going to be more mad at you than me. I mean, how good of friends are you guys?