Chapter Eighteen

-65 COMMENTS                     -140 VOTES            -CHAPTER ON SUNDAY

it's not a lot considering nearly 600 of you read every chapter. So please. I didn't update on sunder because it didn't reach the goals. Reach them this time. switching things up this chapter. I'd love feedback on it. :)

ENJOYxx

Michael's POV

I didn't think I'd end up kissing Casey. She really surprised me tonight, I'd always thought she was kind of crazy. She told me about her real dad that had left them when she was around four, but her mother quickly remarried. Her step-dad isn't too friendly unless there are guests around. I know she likes me, well I didn't until her party, last week. She was always flirty, but I'd assumed she was like that with everyone. Tonight she told me she has liked me for the last two years, but didn't make a move or tell me sooner because she thought Hope liked me.. I didn't know what to say. I have so many different emotions towards Hope right now. If I had talked about them with Casey, I might have ended up saying something I'd regret; good or bad. 

I didn't tell her anything. We were out on the porch for a while, but it was getting slightly chilly out since the sun had gone down. We stood up to go to the house. That's when I saw them.. Luke and Hope. I don't know what's more upsetting: seeing them together and thinking that they actually look like they belong together or looking at Luke knowing he'll hurt her, yet it's my fault he's going after her. I tried to get him not to, but it  obviously didn't work. One final glance and my jealousy had poked to the surface.

 I hadn't thought about it, I only knew that my heart was in a fragile being. I kissed Casey. I didn't just kiss her, I kissed her. 

Casey didn't object to it, but her eyes were more than shocked. "Michael, are you sure you meant to do that?" she had asked me as she looked right through me. I didn't answer, I looked through the window and caught Hope turning her head. I'm not sure if she saw it or not. I remember Casey talking to me once more, but I wasn't listening, I was watching Hope and Luke. She kissed his cheek. I rushed a quick excuse to leave.

I felt terrible and still do about kissing Casey. It was a mistake, but maybe with different circumstances, I would've dated her. I pick up my pace to get out of her view, into my car, and out of her drive way. I start heading for my house. I know if I go home I'll only torture myself with all the thoughts. I feel like I should go somewhere loud and chaotic to keep my head in reality. In all honesty though, I'd rather go home and wallow in my depressed thoughts. 

I turn up the radio and enjoy the lack of company while I can. Stay by Rihanna starts playing. I would usually change the channel at the depressing song, but I leave it on. I know most of the words and I sing along carelessly to the tune. Not really sure how to feel about it. Something in the way you move, it makes me feel like I can't live without you. Not exactly my situation, but shit. I wish she'd stay with me. 

The next couple of songs are lame, but I endure them simply because I'm to lazy to change the channel. I pass by the streets that have just been absorbed by the darkness of the night. Each one looking lonelier than the last. I turn on to my familiar street, Lane. Like always, I pull into the drive of the third house on the right. The lights are all out. Maybe my parents are out at a movie and dinner or something. Who fucking cares at this point?

I trudge into the front door and don't bother to go anywhere other than my bedroom. It's not even a full five seconds before I see the freshly folded sweats and tee shirt sitting on my bed. The Beatles shirt and my old SDU sweats are things that I haven't worn in a while. They're left here for Hope to wear when she wants to stay; well wanted.