Chapter Twenty-One

ENJOYxx

Luke's POV

I was so pissed off last night, I went straight to bed. I can't keep getting caught up on that stupid fucking secret. Eventually, everyone, and I mean everyone will know, so why fucking bother? If Michael wants to pull that card, which I knew he would, then so be it. I'm not going to be a little girl just to feed into his obsession with Hope. 

Today is a new day, and unlike Michael, I have a date with her. That's right Mike, suck a dick. I still don't have any idea what to do for it though. I'm thinking dinner and a movie, but if I do a movie, we can't talk. Maybe I can call up one of my other friends, see if anyone would want to double date.. I slide my phone so it's unlocked and go through my contacts. I don't have any friends, really. I know some sleezy pot dealers and other guys that I occasionally write music with. I don't smoke or anything, I just knew them before they did all the stuff they do now. I immediately disreguard the dealers as someone I would want Hope around. 

I write with the guys that she's already met: Calum, Ashton, and Fenmore, but everyone calls him Fenny. I'm not sure if Fenny was at the fair that night, but I text them all. Calum is the first to text back and tells me that dating isn't really his thing, but he could have a girl in no time if the other boys didn't have a girl. I laugh at his text; cheeky little bastard.

Ashton texts me back next, says he's dating some Becky girl. Fenny texts me last and mentions that he and Ashton had already planned a double date with their girlfriends, but we are welcomed to join in if we want. I'm not sure if Hope will be down for it. 

To Hope: 

How do you feel about a double or maybe a triple date? 

She doesn't text back right away, but as I'm typing my message to Ash and Fenny to forget it, she replies.

From Hope:

Sounds like fun. :) With who and what are the plans?

I realize I don't actually know Fenny's girlfriend's name. I quickly text him and ask him what they're going and her name. He replies and says her name is Abby , and they are going to laser tag and then out for ice cream at the mall afterwards. I relay the information to Hope and she's more than happy settling for a triple date. 

The guys tell me they'll be heading down around four and that we can meet them outside the building. I do nothing to pass the long three hours. I let it drag and drag. I'm pretty geeked for tonight though. Laser tag is my thing and I know Fenny and Ashton are good at it too. The girls, on the other hand, probably suck. Last time I went, I got a free game for being in first place two times in a row. Champed it. 

I've been hanging around watching TV all day, so I'm relieved when my mom get's home and three. Human interaction will be nice for a change. I watch as she sets her things down on the small kitchen table. It all falls from the pile, but she can't be bothered to stand it back up, it would fall back. She sets her usual coffee cup in the sink, rinsing it with water. 

My mother is adorable, but shit, she's always talking. Always asking questions. My dad though, he's my guy. He's a top notch bloke. We're the best of friends, really. I'd never admit it to him, I couldn't bare the emotional moment he would create. He's such a sucker for a moment. It's funny.