Chapter Twenty-Seven

It's weird. Literally like 15 of you picked the exact same scene. The photobooth part must've been the choice favorite. Well, here's more drama and less happiness.

100 VOTES           +          30 COMMENTS               =      CHAPTER ON TUESDAY.

ONLY COMMENT ONCE! 

ENJOYxx

 Luke's POV

I drive home thinking of ways to fix this mess that Michael brought to the surface. I would've told her, honestly, but I didn't think it was a big deal because I wasn't playing his fucking game. I had no intentions of seeing her after that party or trying to contact her. She came to me, why does no one understand that?

I turn off my car when I pull into my driveway and hope that mom is still out getting things for dinner. Of course, she's in the kitchen looking fucking happy as ever. I try to quietly head up the stairs, but she sees me anyways. 

"Luke, honey! Where's Hope?" she asks.

"She's not going to be able to come," I tell her.

"Aw, that's a shame. Why not?" she asks when I try to go up the stairs.

"She just can't, mom," I say, being short and heading to my room before she can ask anymore questions. I sit down in my music chair and turn on the mic. I grab my journal and flip through the songs until I get to one we wrote, but never got around to recording, Lost Boy. I know I should be trying to get her to understand, but maybe if I give her some time or something, she'll come around. I don't know, I'm just guessing. 

After an hour of recording the vocals and guitar, my mom comes upstairs to tell me dinner is ready. I follow her down the narrow steps and see my dad all ready seated and eating. I take a seat in the same spot I sat in while Hope was here. The dinner table is unusually quiet as the forks clang against the glass plates in front of us. 

"Hope couldn't make it?" my dad asks, a smile on his face.

"No, I'm not sure it's going to work out between us," I tell him. I'm not sure how to express my emotions with them. I don't want to seem like a sap, but I'm still upset that she heard all of it.

"What? Why?" my mother asks, her voice is slightly shocked.

"She won't talk to me. She over heard some stuff and now it's all gone to shit," I say, I cover my face with my hands. I don't need them to see my twisted expression at the words. 

"Language," my mother warns.

"Honey, settle down, he's clearly upset."

"You need to call her, talk to her. What did she hear?" my mother asks.

"It wasn't about Emma, so don't worry," I assure her. 

"That's a relief, but what else could've made her so upset?" my dad chirps in.

"It's something that Michael did. Something that I had no control over," I start. I end up telling them the whole story. They understand, but they also know where Hope is coming from. My mom tells me that I should call her and try to explain it all. I excuse myself from the table, take my phone and a blanket and head out to the tree house. I want to be left alone, completely. 

I dial her number, it goes to voice-mail. I try again, it goes to voice-mail. I send her a text, it only says delivered. I wait an hour before trying to call her one last time, but like before, it goes straight to her voice-mail. I check the text and see that it's marked as read. She's read it? Maybe I can send her what happened and she'll read it. My hopes are up for the first time today. I check the time and it's nearly eleven. I know I should let her sleep or do the things that girls do, but I am going to send one more text; just one. 

To Hope:

I know you're pissed at me, but I want to talk to you. I need you to at least know the truth. If you still hate me afterwards, that's going to suck, but I'll let you alone. Please just let me explain.

I waited only seconds before it was read and those three bubbles popped up to tell me she was replying. 

From Hope:

I'm standing down here. I'm willing to listen, but you can't expect me to forgive you right now.

She's here? Holy hell. How did this happen? How did she even know I was out here? I flip open the tree house door and find her already climbing the ladder. Her face is miles from happy, yet I can't keep the stupid smile off mine. 

"Hi," I lend her a hand to pull her through.

"Hi," she says tersely. She's upset, but she can't be after she knows the truth.

"How'd you know I was here?" I ask her as she sits on the couch. I stay standing, I don't want to make her uncomfortable or anything. 

"Your mom."

"What made you come over?"

"My mom."

"I'm glad you did," I tell her. 

"So.." 

---------------------

boo for short chapters. sorry. lol. but longer chapter on tuesday! I was like, writing and then I realized a really cute thing that should happen, but I don't have enough time to write it into this chapter, but I want it to happen. So that's why it's short. lol

IMPORTANT : would any one be interested in editing all my chapters? I would have to talk to you through private messages or something. I'm looking to only correct grammatical mistakes that I've missed, incorrect spelling, and i know for a fact that at some point in my book, I've used past tense on accident. 

If you have a good eye for this, I'd be interested in your help! Please message me on here or on twitter, @MichaelsTwin. Thanks guys!

-Madison