Chapter Seventeen

130 VOTES            +          60 COMMENTS            =           CHAPTER  ON SUNDAY

don't forget you get DMs to 5/4 if you tweet the link to the story and use the hashtag #BroCodeFF. I am apart of @FiveSOSUpdates. :) i don't think I have any other things to say in the authors note. But thank you. This is literally so insane. So many readers. xD Shoutout to @awk5SOSUpdates on twitter for kind of freaking out when she saw me on TinyChat talking to my friends. that was SIIIIIIIICK. I reply to Wattpad messages, so feel free to send me some more. Or tweet me: @MichaelsTwin, @MadisonMottice, @FiveSOSUpdates. they're all me. :)

ENJOYxx

I'm easy going and carefree, but this is boiling my nerves. Why is she sitting with him. I mean, I clearly remember her thinking we were a couple at her party. Does she think this is okay? What about the Chicks Before Dicks rule? Stop.. What? I sound like Michael and Mr. Mystery. I can't call dibs on something that I ruined. I won't do that, no matter what. He's not a piece of meat. Well, technically he is, but that's not what I mean. I did this to myself. 

"Do you get scared easily?" Luke breaks me from my mentally insane thoughts.

"Yeah, kind of," I admit.

He smiles a tiny smile, "Don't be afraid to grab on to me." I smile and give a one shake head nod

"Fine, but I won't be held responsible if I hold on too tight," I playfully warn him.

"Would you two shut up or leave? There's a movie playing," Michael says rudely.

"Alright, jackass," I snuff at him.

"He's got a point though," Casey chimes in quietly.

"The movies still rolling the opening credits," I reply.

"It's whatever. No need to bicker, let's just watch the movie," she smiles and lays her head back on the couch. 

I read the white words on the black screen. Something about the butterflies fluttering can ruin everything. I'm not entirely sure. The movie doesn't seem scary. It's got Ashton Kutcher in it. How bad can it be? I reach in front of me and grab the popcorn. It's not the normal kind that goes in the microwave to be popped. It's the cheap, cheesy, chewy kind. I happen to like it though. Weird right?

I lean my head into my hand and rest against the arm of the couch. It's different watching a movie while Michael is sitting with another girl and I'm sitting with another guy.. This is a Michael-Hope thing, but I guess sometimes, things change. Things need to change quick or they never will. It's like a band-aide right? No Hope, that doesn't even make sense

I munch on the popcorn without realizing I'm doing so. The only reason I notice is because Michael has gotten up and taken the bag from me. He tells me I'm chewing too loudly and that he wants some. Talk about disrupting the movie..

It's nearly half-way through and I can't lie, it's a good movie. It's not scary, but twisted. I focus on the screen in front of me. The malicious boy is trying to kill the dog by lighting it on fire. What a dick. He's got some serious mommy issues. I continue watching, a shiver runs up my spine. I pull the blanket up to my chin and bring my knees to my chest.

"Cold?" Luke asks.

"Just a little," I smile. His eyes smile bigger than his lips.

"I reckon I'm quite warm. Come on, scoot over here with me," he takes me by the hand, tugging for me to obey. I do. His arm snakes behind my lower back and rests on the remainder of the sofa. I'm just small enough to fit perfectly into his side. He's right, he is warmer. "That's better," he sighs quietly.