Chapter Twenty-Two

Hello. I loved all the feedback on last chapter, despite the fact that you didn't have to. I like that you all are shipping #LokeyI'm sorry to you poor unfortunate souls that ship #Michope lol. 

Keep using the hashtag #BROCODEFF! 

170 VOTES          +         60 COMMENTS          =   SUNDAY CHAPTER

ENJOYxx

Hope's POV

"I.. I don't know what to say," I stutter from the close proximity Luke and I are still in. 

"Say you'll stop going on these bullshit dates and make them real," he looks at me, his voice falters when he refers to our dates.

"They already feel real," I admit. I am caught off guard when the light from the screen flashes again. These damn cameras have been taking pictures the whole time. It's finally done after the sixth one. 

"Maybe we should talk about this later," he smiles and looks to the screen. I laugh and nod. 

I've known him for such a short period of time, but I like him. I mean, I really like him. I don't date, so maybe that's why, but at the same time, I've always been around guys, so it shouldn't feel any different.. Right?

The way Luke looks when he's not paying attention. They way his smile grows when he's really enjoying something. When he sung, I couldn't take my eyes off of him. His whole heart was in it. His eye brows furrowed together to hit the right notes. His voice. Shoot, I could get lost in it for days. What he doesn't see, and I assume most people don't, is that it's all of the little things he's done for me. When he holds my hand, or puts his arm around my back to be a gentleman,  or opening the car doors, and agreeing to this whole thing in the first place. 

We are standing back at Annie and Benny's ice cream when I realize we've left the booth. I order a Strawberry Hurricane and Luke says he'll have the same. I offer to pay for it, but he tells me I can pay him back later. I can sense the sarcasm in his voice. His little side grin is so adorable. He hands his money to the older lady across the counter and she soon returns with our cups. We pick a seat next to the other boys and their girlfriends. 

I really like Becky's outfit. It's completely something I would wear, but unlike Luke, Ashton didn't make her change out of her light top. Abby is gorgeous; far prettier than myself. She seems suitable for Fenny, who's really attractive. They've all been nothing but nice to me. They haven't made me feel like I didn't belong for even a second. They both laugh a lot, which is just like me. They suck at laser tag, which I thought I did. Luke has some pretty good friends.

"Oh," Luke says, leaning to the side so he can get into his back pocket, "this is yours." He pulls out the strip of pictures from the photo-booth and gives me mine. "They're kind of.." he stops. "Well, just look," he gives me a different type of look.

I glance down to the pictures in my hands and see that there is more than one of Luke and I kissing. I can feel my eyes widen with humor. I look up to him and let out a laugh.

"Yeah, you better not keep those around where your mom can see them.." he smiles.

"I think they're cute," Abby says from over my shoulder.