Chapter Twenty-Five

MY BIRTHDAY WAS THE 20TH, I TURNED 18! i'M MICHEAL'S BIRTHDAY TWIN, PLUS I GOT ACCEPTED TO COLLEGE, WHERE I'LL BE PURSUING A WRITING MAJOR. YESS. PLUS A $9000 SCHOLARSHIP FOR ALL FOUR YEARS. FUCK YES.

195 VOTES      +      70 COMMENTS       =        SUNDAY CHAPTER.

ENJOYxx

Hope's POV:

To say I'm surprised that Michael text me to hangout, after he had already said no, would be an understatement. He says he's having a bad day, so I agree, no questions asked. He's coming over as soon as he's home, so I go into the TV cabinent and pick out all the scary movies we have. I've known Michael long enough to understand that he likes to lay and 'protect' me as we watch scary movies. I grab my darkest blankets from around the house and drape them over the windows so the bright sun doesn't seep through.

I know his mom's work isn't too far away, so he should be here any minute. The large open room is now dark as night, giving me the eerie feeling I desire. The emptiness consumed by the house is nearly intimidating when no one is home to assure me that there are no monsters around the corners. I quietly pad to the kitchen to grab us cold drinks. I pitter-patter against the cold hardwood floors back into the living room. I can't help but remember the friendly welcoming of Luke's home compared to my modern, sleek, and lonely look of my own. 

My thoughts are ceased when Michael walks through the front door. His face looks upset, but his body language is trying to hide his real emotion.

"Hey, best friend," I walk over to him and give him a hug. He only smiles. "So what's wrong?"

"My mom upset me, nothing big," he half smiles.

"But you called for an emergency movie day. I don't think you've ever done that." I pull him towards the couch and he plops down while I stick in the first movie. 

"I know. Is it a crime to miss your favorite person?" he remarks.

"Guess when she's as awesome as me it's not," I smile and grab the remote. I sit down directly beside him leaving no space.

"So, what movies are we watching?" he asks.

"Horror movie marathon, the only remedy to your shitty days," I tell him.

"You know me so well," he smiles. I smile as well. I've missed hanging out with him.

 "First up, Ghost Ship," I tell him.

"Ah, one of my favorites!" he says, wrapping an arm around my back; just like old times. I let him hold me the way he always used to: my body fitting into his side, our feet resting on the table in front of us, his arm around my back with a hand resting on my hip. I put my head on his shoulder and his cheek instinctively comes to my hair. I smile at the familiarity of the situation. No matter how many fights, awkward situations, or long we go without talking, I know I can always come to him and feel as though no time has passed and that we're still the very best of friends. 

I know this movie inside-out; it's not scary, just a mind game. The end has always been my favorite part as to where Michael likes the suspense that's built up in the beginning and middle. I watch skeptically as the first few people disappear and are discovered dead. Michael comments every time they find the gruesome bodies lying distraught in the film's scene; adding an 'oh shit' here and there even though he's seen it a hundred times. The movies coming to a close and he knows my least favorite part is coming up.