Chapter Thirty-Five

Sorry for my absense! I had a lot going on. I hope I didn't lose any readers because of it!

Thank you for the 550k reads and all the votes and comments! This story was rated number 3 in Luke Fanfictions until it was rated R. So thank you so much! :)

200 VOTES. 70 COMMENTS.

ENJOYxx

Hope's POV

As I wake up the next morning, I notice the sun is shining brighter than usual. It's going to be a good day, I can tell. The light peaking in through my window warms the wrinkled blankets around my body. I snuggle them closer to my face, knowing I'll have to leave my bed sooner rather than later.

After talking--or yelling rather-- with Michael last night, I realized that Luke means more to me than I ever really thought. We haven't been through a huge fight or even anything really, but he has this affect on me that I can't shake; not that I'd ever want to shake it. It's just a little scary knowing that someone who was a complete stranger not too long ago means so much. The simple fear of letting someone get to know the real you does wonders.

I don't know what I'm going to do with Michael yet; obviously things need to be worked out between us because he's my best friend, but last night he broke a half of my heart that belongs to Luke. I know that no one knows what happened to him that night two years ago, but I didn't know that people knew a story that was such a lie. Such a monstrous lie.

Luke needs me, and I need Luke. Michael can let Casey mend his pain until I know how to deal with it. Flipping the fold of the covers from beneath my chin to the waistband of my pants, I sit up and pull my fingers through my knotted brown hair. I wipe the night oils that have collected on my forehead with my hands and take note at the mid-morning time: ten o'clock.

I grab my bathrobe from the back of my door and decide it's time for a shower. I shut the bathroom door behind me and start to take last night's clothes off. Throwing them into a pile near the door, I wait for the water to warm up. My feet are so cold that once they are hit with the hot water, they burn. I step back and wait for them to get used to the temperature.

I let the water run over my back, through my hair, down my legs. I stretch my back out, hearing it pop a few times, making me feel a little more loose. I've always been curious if books made up the fact that the hot shower water can take the knots from your back or if I'm just unlucky enough to have never have had that pleasure of relieving the stress from my days.

I step out after washing my hair and body completely, the water runs from my feet onto the rug beneath me. Wrapping the ties to my bathrobe in the front of me, I twist the towel around my soaking wet hair, letting it towel dry before I take the real blow dryer to it. The walk back to my room is quiet, meaning that my mom must be out doing something. I check my phone and see that neither Michael nor Luke have tried to talk to me. I can understand why Michael hasn't tried, we need to think things over. But some part of me is sad that Luke hasn't been calling me, convincing me to come back; the other half, the logical half, knows that he is doing it for my own good, that he thinks he's doing exactly what I asked: giving me space.

I quickly type a message, doing it quick will ensure that I'm not going to be a baby and back out. I tell him that I think we should meet up at my house, his house, anywhere, it doesn't matter. I've come to the conclusion on how I want to handle it all. It's against my better judgment, and I'll never forgive myself if the worst happens, but I think it's best for everyone.

He texts me back saying that we can go somewhere public, so when I suggest the cafe we went to on our first fake date, he agrees. I feel relieved yet nervous of how it's going to go. Part of me thinks I'm absolutely nuts for even suggesting what I want to do, but the other half knows that it's a good idea. I shake the nerves and doubt from my mind and start to do my hair.