Chapter Thirty-Eight

Hello! This is the last chapter of the book! I'd love to take a minute to thank every single person who read and stayed with me even when I would update once every two weeks. and also, thank you to everyone who ever said a prayer for my family, or left a sweet comments telling me that they understand and to focus on the other things even if it meant waiting a while for a chapter. that means a lot.

ENJOYxx

Luke's POV

"How did it go?" Hope asks me when I come back out to the waiting room.

"Quick, painless. He just took a piece of hair and a swab in the mouth from the both of us," I tell her.

"Why'd they do both?" she asks as I start to walk us to the doors.

"In case one didn't work. That way we don't have to come back in," I say, opening the heavy metal door for her.

"So, when do you get your results back?"

"Monday at eight. But we can stop in at any time," I casually say. "Wanna go to Menny's for lunch?" I open her car side door for her.

"That's one of my favorite places!" she says. I smile and get in on my side. My car's normal roar comes to life, and I notice my muffler let out a dark puff of air, that can't be good. It's starts though, so I'm not that worried.

We get to the restaurant and are seated in a deep corner fairly quick considering how busy this place usually is. We both get a Coke and some cheese ravioli. For dessert, we share a brownie sundae with hot fudge and chocolate chips. To be honest, Hope may have eaten more than me, but it was cute. The funniest part about the night was when a scoop of her ice cream and brownie ran all the way down her blouse and into her lap. She freaked out until I promised I'd buy her a new one before we went home.

That may have been the funniest, but my favorite part of the night was the obvious. We pulled up to her house, and I opened the door for her. Walking her to her front door, holding her hand and whispering sweet things into her ear: how beautiful she is, how much I love her smile. She only giggles and blushes into my arm.

Once we got to the porch, I turned her to me and gave her the sweetest kiss I possibly could. I remember how her lips felt perfect against mine, the warmth and tenderness melt against me. She sighed as she leaned into me more, wrapping her arms around me.

"I love you so much," I told her.

"I think that's a lie because I love you much more," she smiles.

"Eh, I guess we'll find out in time," I kiss her nose.

"Maybe, do you want to come in and watch a movie?" she had asked me.

"I think I should go home, my dad was planning a family night because none of us have seen much of each other lately."

"Suit yourself, I guess I'll just hold myself during the scary parts," she smirked.

"Don't tempt me or tease me. I'll make sure our date Friday is more tempting than anything you just said," I winked.

"Oo, Mr. Hottie over here," she joked.

"Go to bed, I think you had too much ice cream."

"Touche," she laughed.

Then I kissed her one more time before she walked into the house for the night. That was last week, but today is Sunday night. I'm just about to get ready for bed, but I can't even close my eyes as my head races with what tomorrow will bring. I keep trying to redirect my thoughts to our date on Friday, or even replay the day I was just thinking about, but it's no use.