Confusing feelings

You groggily lumbered down the halls of Norisville high. Not being one of the many students that attended the school, you were not familiar with the labyrinth of corridors and turns. The reason of you being in that location was due to Boketto high—the school you currently attended—teaming up with Norisville high. The two schools wanted to collaborate so they could make a prize winning play.

'Too bad there are no maps for this school...' You bitterly thought. Drawing out your (favorite color) cell phone you looked at the time. The drama meeting will be taking off in five minutes; if you did not find the classroom soon you will miss it!

"Why does life hate me so much?" Glaring down at the bland, tiled floor you clenched your fists. You honestly did not want to be there in the first place, maybe you could just go home? No. If you could leave you gladly would, but the meetings for the play made up about thirty percent of your grade.

"Hey! You need help?" A female voice rang through the halls. Looking up, you were greeted with the welcoming eyes of a purple haired female.

"That would be nice," you shrugged, "who might you be?"

"I'm Theresa, Theresa Fowler."

Crossing your arms in front of your chest you nodded "I'm (first name) (last name), and I am here for the drama partnership."

"Really? I am too!" Theresa squealed "come on!"

Theresa grabbed your arm, much to your displeasure, and dragged you to the meeting room. You yanked your arm from Theresa's grip and took a seat by her on one of the plastic chairs. Resting your arms on the large, beige desk in front of you.

The ear-piercing ring of the bell echoed throughout the school and students began piling into the room. Once everyone had settled Mr. Pines, a teacher from your school, called out to get everyone's attention.

"Alright everyone!" Mr. Pines clapped his hands, "We will let you guys choose partners of two, then we will assign the two of you to two other groups, be sure to choose wisely!"

The students began to rove about the room in search of a partner. Having no friends in the room, you stayed put.

"Do you want to be my partner (your name)?" Theresa eagerly jumped in front of you. Sighing, you nodded your head. Theresa was the one who helped you there so you might as well agree. "Thanks (your name)!" Theresa gave you a closed eyed smile, "you're so Bruce!"

You could not help but blush at Theresa's compliment; no one has ever really called you Bruce before, it made you feel...special. You and Theresa moved to sit on one of the tables like everyone else.

"Is everyone in their groups?" Mr. Pines questioned, to which he was replied with a chorus of nods and yeses. "Alright, we will start with Hikaru, Kaoru, Bucky, Morgan, Ciel, and Haruhi will being a group..."

You zoned out after the first group was called. You were the type of soul that could stare at a wall for hours on end and not get bored. Perhaps that was why you did not have many friends...

You stayed like that for a while, wandering your own little world.

"Come on (your name)." Theresa broke you from your train of thought, motioning for you to join her at a desk from the opposite side of the room. Standing up, you trudged over to the desk. "Let me introduce you to everyone." Theresa cheerfully grinned.

"This is Randy," Theresa pointed to a boy with tannish skin, purple hair, and azure eyes, "this is Howard," Theresa pointed to a ginger haired boy with hazel eyes and light skin, "this is nomicon, or Nomi," This time she pointed to a boy with shocking red hair, onyx eyes, and pale skin, "and last but not least, this is Archer (yay me)." Theresa pointed to, yet another, boy with pale blonde hair, green eyes, and a pale, freckle coated, complexion.

"Randy, Howard, Nomi, Archer," Theresa turned to face them "this is (your name)."

Everyone greeted you with a smiling face and open arms. Taken aback by how welcoming they were, you inched away from the group.

"Umm...hi?" You looked elsewhere from the clique. Your (eye color) eyes settled on the large window by the desk you sat at. "What are we supposed to do?" You questioned, not even giving your group a second glance.

"We are set design." Nomi replied and leaned into his hand.

You could not help but turn your gaze away from the window, art had always been something you thoroughly enjoyed.

"When do we start?"

.:time skip because I am lazy:.

It had been roughly two weeks since you guys began stage design and you guys were almost finished! You were charged up to be done with your part of the project, but you also did not want it to end. As cheesy and cliché as it sounds you have gained a crush on Randy. Even then the feelings just emerged and you had no idea if they were true or not.

"You alright (your name)? You were gazing out into space for a while..." You looked over at Randy, who was looking at you with a concerned expression.

"Yeah," you looked away to conceal your blush "just thinking about some things..."

Randy's worried stare was glued to you for a while "if there is anything you need, you can always talk to me."

Too embarrassed of being caught, you only nodded your head.

"Randy!" Theresa walked behind said boy "can you help me with something" you watched as Theresa twirled her hair around her finger, shifting her weight from the sole of her foot to her heel.

"Sure!" Randy walked away from you to help Theresa with what she needed. It was not difficult to tell that Theresa adored Randy, you were able to tell within the first meeting. No matter how hard you tried you just could not hate her, after all, she was the first one to see the potential you had.

You looked away from the scene of Theresa and Randy laughing, and you began to paint. You did not notice the tears falling from your eyes as you painted the small cottage in the background. It felt like somebody had stabbed your heart with thorns, but left them in there, making it so every time you moved a sharp wave of pain would overwhelm your body.

This was the exact reason why you stayed away from people, you did not want to get hurt. Still now you were feeling one of the worst pains of all; a broken heart.

Wiping the liquid pain from your eyes you stood up and threw your (black/brown/plum) satchel over your shoulder. "I'm heading home!" You called out, walking towards the door.

"Wait (your name)" Randy quickly slung his backpack over his shoulders and ran to you "I'm going to walk with you!"

Frankly, you did not want to walk with Randy. Your heart could only take so much, but Randy looked ecstatic, you did not want to see such happiness replaced with a frown. Softly groaning, you approved and motioned for Randy to follow you.

The two of you walked in a comfortable silence, listening to the melody of birdsong as the gentle breeze blew spring into the air. You inhaled the sweet air, relishing the faint scent of tree bark and jasmine. You felt Randy's eyes stop on your form and your heart began pumping fast, so fast you were afraid that Randy could hear it.

"M-my house is just over here." You pointed at a (house color) home, mentally cursing yourself for stuttering.

"Alright!" You and Randy crossed the street to your house. You pulled out your extra house key and opened the door.

"Thanks for walking me home." You softly smiled, something you only did three times in Randy's presence.

"No problem," Randy lowered his head near yours and placed a chaste kiss on your lips, "bye (your name), love you."

As Randy walked away all you could to was stand in shock, a deep red on your face. Stiffly walking inside, you closed your house door, leaning against it. You slid down to where you were sitting in a fatal position on the floor, brining your hand up to grip the fabric of your (shirt/blouse/tank top/sweater/hoodie/jacket) where your heart would be.