Chapter 93

**Alex's POV**

I'm sitting with two of the kittens in my lap, thinking about Fred and love. Maybe if I say I love you I'll know. What if I don't? Or worse, what if I realise I'm not in love with him?

"Kittens are so much simpler than life," I sigh, petting them. Scarlett eases her self onto the rug next to me.

"How's it going?" she asks. I shrug.

"Confusing," I sigh, "the whole love thing. Fred keeps telling me he loves me, but I don't know if I love him back, and I don't want to say it if I don't mean it."

"Then don't say it," Scarlett says.

"But I don't want to keep blowing him off!"

"Al, trust me, it's better to wait," Scarlett says, "when I first told George that I love him he said it back right away and I knew he didn't mean it. When I said "You don't mean that" he was embarrassed, but I told him not to say it until he was ready. Then when he said it back a few weeks later I knew he meant it," she smiles a goofy smile, "and it meant a whole lot more than empty words."

"I just feel bad," I confess.

"Don't, Fred understands," she says, taking one of the kittens, "he's not telling you that he loves you so that you'll say it back. He's telling you he loves you because he's mad about you and wants you to know that."

I blush and it's my turn for the goofy grin. Scarlett laughs at me.

"You over think things," she tells me.

"It always seems so easy between you and George," I say, "you both seem so confident in each other."

Scarlett laughs again.

"Al, most relationships look like that from the outside," she says, "we fight lots, about nearly everything. Do you know how perfect your relationship with Fred looks? But you have issues. Everyone does."

"How did you know that you loved George?" I ask. Scarlett thinks for a minute.

"I think the moment I knew for sure was when I realised that my life without him meant nothing," she says honestly.

She looks over to me.

"Falling in love is different with everyone," she says, "just take your time. You'll know when the time is right."

"Do you think you'll marry George?" I ask her curiously. She shoots me a mischievous smile.

"What?" I exclaim. She reaches into her shirt and pulls out a long chain. On the end of it is a silver ring.

"We're already married," she says.

"What?!" I cry, "when did this happen?"

Scarlett giggles.

"New years," she says, laughing at my expression.

"WHAT?! You're kidding," I gasp. She shakes her head, giggling.

"Congratulations," I say, still shocked.

"Thanks," she grins.

George walks in behind us and sits down, followed by Fred and Carma.

"We got the girls back on the train safe and sound," George says, "insane, if you ask me, after what happened to Luna."

"Completely insane," Fred agrees. I'm too shocked to talk. Scarlett laughs at me.

"I think I've muted Alex with our news," she tells George. He laughs at me too. -_-

Fred gives my shoulder a reassuring squeeze.

"I was surprised too," he says, "eloping, what a disgrace."

He shakes his head in mock disappointment, making us laugh.

"I have to ask," I say, a little hesitantly, "are you. . . Pregnant?"

"Why does everyone think that?" Scarlett exclaims, laughing, "no, we're not having any kids until this war is far behind us."

"I just thought. . . Since you're so young and all. . ." I shrug, blushing.

"That's what Mum and Dad thought," George says, stroking Scarlett's hair, "in fact, I think that Mum still suspects."

I shake my head.

"Wow," I breathe, "I can't believe it."

"Would you marry me if I asked?" Fred asks, teasingly. I roll my eyes.

"I'll marry you when the war is over," I yawn, stretching.

"Promise?"

I glance at Fred. He's smirking, but his eyes are hopeful.

"Sure," I agree, "if you promise not to die."

Fred laughs and holds out his hand.

"Agreed," he says. And we shake on it.

_______________________________________________________________________

So, the cat's out of the bag! The secret is out. Was it worth the wait? Vote, comment, message, let me know what you think!

Also, if you haven't already, read my new one shot and let me know what you think. It's a Cedric Diggory one shot, which is new for me, so feedback would be awesome :) http://www.wattpad.com/21405728-random-stuff-i-dig-you-diggory-one-shot