Chapter 3

The slide show at the side -> is of Alex and her brothers in Age order starting with Tyler. The twins/triplets are: Tyler& Michael, William & Edward, James & Jason & Jacob, Tristan & Jayden, Lucas & Oliver & Samuel, Noah & Nick

_________________________________________________________________________

**Alex’s POV**

As the sun begins to set Percy comes into our compartment.

“And then, he said ‘Which witch? The witch witch!’” Fred says.

I lean against Scarlett, laughing hysterically. Percy looks very unimpressed.

“You should all be in your robes,” he says, “we’ll be arriving soon and you need to be in uniform. I’ll be back in ten minutes to check on you.”

As he leaves Fred makes a face. I grab my trunk and pull out my robes. Scarlett stares at me, then looks at Carma who looks at Fred who looks at George who looks at Fred who looks at Carma who looks at Scarlett who looks at me.

“What?” Fred asks.

“Nothing,” Scarlett says, her face flushed, “just… Will you two leave?”

Fred and George grab their robes and sprint from the room. Carma, Scarlett and I change into our robes and stuff our clothes into our trunks. I look at the other girls and realise they’re in skirts while I’m wearing pants. Fred and George walk in, also wearing pants.

“Umm…” I make a mental note to buy a skirt. I don’t think I’ve ever worn a skirt.

“Look at you two,” Percy snaps, walking in, “straighten your tie! Fix your vest! Brush your hair!”

“Percy, get out,” George growls. Percy looks affronted and stalks out, the back of his neck bright red.

“What’s his problem?” Scarlett asks, brushing her hair into a high ponytail and fixing her fringe.

“He’s a bit uptight,” George replies, tying his shoelace.

“Git,” Fred mutters.

“We’re here!” Scarlett squeals, pressing her nose against the glass and jumping up and down. Carma squeals  too and covers her mouth, giggling.

“Let’s go!” Scarlett squeals, grabbing Carma and my hands. She drags us onto the platform.

“First years, this way!”

“Come on!” she cries, pulling us along. We stop in front of a huge man.

“This way!” he calls. Scarlett is quivering in excitement and seems to be on the verge of bursting into song and dance.

We follow the man up a tunnel, across a huge lake and up to the castle where professor McGonagall meets us at the door. She leads us into a small side chamber off the entrance hall and tells us to wait.

“How do we get sorted?” I ask nervously.

“I don’t know, but I bet it’s painful,” Fred grins. I frown at him and poke my tongue out.

“I hope we don’t have to do any spells,” Scarlett murmurs, sounding anxious. Carma puts her hand comfortingly on her sister’s arm.

“Alright, we’re ready. Line up,” McGonagall instructs.

I get sandwiched between Scarlett and Fred next to a dark skinned girl with tiny braids all over her head. We walk into the entrance hall and through a pair of huge doors into another hall. There’re four tables side-by-side and one up the top. I glance at the four tables and realise that the students have different coloured ties and trims on their vests. One table has green and silver, one yellow and black, one blue and bronze and one red and gold.