Chapter 21

**Alex’s POV**

“Two weeks until Summer,” I sigh, stretching, “we just have to finish one more exam and we’re free.”

“I’m so disappointed that McGonagall cancelled the cheerleading team,” Scarlett says, “we didn’t even get to cheer for one match.”

“You’ll be back on the team next year, right?”

She shrugs.

“It’s up to Ollie,” she says, “anyway, did you hear about Henry and Soph?”

“Yeah, Sophina was crying all day yesterday,” I say, “maybe now Carma has a shot…”

“Hmm…”

“Have you spoken to George lately?”

“Not since the jumper incident.”

“Which one?”

“The second one.”

I roll onto my side and look at her. She’s staring up at the sky looking dazed.

“So you two are no longer friends?” I ask.
“I guess,” she sighs, “I don’t hang out with Fred anymore either.”

“It’s a shame-“

“Nah, not really,” Scarlett shrugs, “anyway, we should get studying. McGonagall is always super strict with her exam.”

We head up to Gryffindor tower to cram.

Two weeks later, although it seems more like a few days, we’re on the Hogwarts express, pulling into London. I see Mum waiting on the platform with Jace’s Mum.

“Hey Mum!” I cry, dragging my trunk off the train and hugging her.

“Hey sweetie,” she says, kissing the top of my head, “had a good year?”

“Sort of,” I shrug. Fred comes up and taps my arm.

“She misses you,” he says, holding his hand up. Rosie jumps onto my shoulder and snuggles against my face.

“And she’ll need this too,” he says, holding up a tiny wad of bright blue fluff.

“What’ll we call it?” I ask, taking the tiny kneelet.

“Dazzle,” Fred says, “her name is Dazzle.”