Chapter 10

**Alex’s POV**

Things between the girls and boys got a lot worse after I broke up with Tobias. Sophina and Henry suffered a lot and they both felt guilty spending time together. We’d gone from being a tight group of friends to almost-enemies.

“WILL YOU LOT STOP IT!” Oliver yells. Even from the stands we can hear him clearly.

“IF YOU CAN’T WORK AS A TEAM, GET OFF THE PITCH!”

Scarlett, Angelina and Alicia all fold their arms stubbornly. I’m impressed that they can do that while flying. It takes all my attention to stop from falling off.

Throughout Quidditch practice Fred and George haven’t hit a bludger away from any of the girls. They tend to just ignore them. Once I think George actually aimed one at Scarlett who threw the quaffle at his head in retaliation. Oliver looks as if he’s ready to rip their heads off.

“We don’t have a seeker!” he roars, “and the rest of you are being idiots! Go and get changed!”

I glance at Carma and we quickly head to the changing rooms. We stand outside the door waiting for Scarlett, Angelina and Alicia. Inside everything is quiet except for the occasional grumble from Oliver.

“If you lot can’t get along,” he says finally, “you’ll all be off the team.”

He storms out, looking peeved, followed shortly by Scarlett who’s face is like a storm cloud.

“Those two are morons,” she snarls, “complete idiots.”

“At least we can play Quidditch!” George retorts, walking out.

Felicity, Sophina and Lauretta join us from the stands. Scarlett is glaring at George. Fred stands at his brother’s shoulder. Henry, Jace and Tobias join their ranks, then Angelina and Alicia duck over to stand with us.

“What did we miss?” Lee asks, leading Tommy and Adam over.

“You can’t play Quidditch,” Scarlett scorns, “you think it’s difficult to hit a ball around? Even muggles can do that. No offence, Alex.”

“None taken.”

“And you think you’re so good, throwing the ball through a hoop?” George smirks, “wow, tricky stuff there!”

“At least it requires some level of skill,” Scarlett sneers, “I think we could get a troll to do a better job of hitting things.”

George’s eyes narrow and red sparks shoot from his wand.

“Getting angry, Georgie?” Scarlett taunts, “don’t you like being compared to a troll? I’d have thought you’d be used to it, but-”

“STUPEFY!”

“PROTEGO!” Scarlett laughs loudly, “nice try, George.”

“LOCOMOTOR MORTIS!”

“FURNUNCULUS!”

George’s curse hits Angelina, who’s legs snap together and she falls over, while Scarlett’s spell hits Fred whose face bursts into angry, red boils.

“PERTRIFICUS TOTALAS!”

Sophina’s limbs snap together and Alicia catches her just in time. Henry lets out a snarl.

“INCENDIO!” he yells. Scarlett flinches as the flames strike down her cheek leaving a red burn.

“DIFFINDO!” Carma cries, leaping forward. Blood spatters from a cut across Tobias’ cheek.

“DENSAUGEO!” Jace yells. Alicia screams as her teeth start growing really fast. I pull out my wand, shaking. This is getting out of hand!

“RICTUSEMPRA!” Scarlett yells. Fred falls to the ground, laughing.