Chapter 31

**Alex’s POV**

“Have a good summer!” Angelina calls, waving as her parents lead her away.

“Bye!”

“See you!”

I wave to my friends as they go. I wait with Fred, George, Carma and Scarlett.

“What’re your plans for this summer?” I ask. Scarlett doesn’t respond.

“Probably just get that homework done,” Carma says vaguely.

“I wish you could come and stay again,” I tell them all.

“Hey, Al!” Tommy runs up to me and lowers his voice, “can you give this to Noah?”

He presses a piece of paper into my hand.

“Sure,” I agree. He grins and runs off.

“Mum’s running late,” Fred observes, checking his watch, “hey, Ron! Stay here!”

We wait in silence, watching the muggles moving around us.

“OI! YOU TWO! Get over here!”

“That’s us,” Scarlett murmurs. I look over and see a woman dressed in a dirty, ragged dress standing there, smoking. Carma and Scarlett pick up their trunks and walk over to her, both of them keeping their heads down. I glance at the boys and see them glaring at the woman. I open my mouth to ask them what that was all about, but then Mum appears behind them, waving. Noah is following, looking hopeful.

“He left already,” I tell him after hugging Mum, “he gave this to me for you.”

Noah takes the paper and opens it up.

“See you guys next term,” I say, waving to Fred and George.

“Bye Al.”

“See you, Alexandra.”

“Did that boy just call you Alexandra?” Mum asks, “you don’t let anyone call you that!”

I shrug.

“I just ignore it,” I lie. I glance at Noah who’s walking along with a little smile on his face, the note held loosely in his hand. I make a grab for it, but he pulls away just in time.

“What’s it say?” I ask, trying to grab it.

“Nothing,” Noah says, blushing, “just that he hopes I have a good summer.”

Mum glances at us, but doesn’t comment.