Chapter 52

**Alex’s POV**

When I wake up the next morning the bed is empty and Scarlett is sitting on George’s bed shuffling a deck of cards.

“Well?” she asks, looking at me with raised eyebrows.

“Well what?” I ask lazily. She gets up and pulls the covers off me.

“Jumper and knickers,” she observes, “about as close to the walk of shame as we get here.”

“What’re you talking about?” I ask, pulling the covers back and snuggling under them away from the cool air.

“So you didn’t do it?” she asks, leaning back against the wall.

“No!” I blush, “you and George were in the bed next to us!”

Scarlett watches me for a few moments.

“What is it you’re scared of?” she asks, “I overheard you talking the other day. Is it that?”

I shake my head and sit up, brushing my hair out with my fingers.

“Well, what is it then?” she asks curiously, moving over to sit beside me. I look up at her and feel heat rise in my cheeks.

“I’m scared it’ll hurt,” I admit quietly.

“Oh,” Scarlett says, trying not to smile.

“Don’t laugh!” I cry, laughing myself. She chuckles, but gives me a sympathetic look.

“I’m not going to tell you it won’t hurt, because it might,” she says, “everyone is different. For some people it doesn’t hurt at all and others it hurts the first ten times, and it’s normal to be nervous about it.”

“You weren’t,” I point out. Scarlett smiles slightly.

“I tell people I wasn’t,” she says, “but both George and I were really nervous about it the first time.”

“But you said you were making out and it just happened!”

“Because I try to act like I’m on top of things, Al,” she says, “really, I’m a mess. George knows it. Even Fred knows it! I just hate feeling vunerable.”

“So… How did it happen?” I ask, watching Scarlett.

“It took a while,” she says, “we talked about it a lot before hand, about how we were feeling and that helped, knowing he was just as scared as I was,” she smiles to herself, “I was scared it would hurt too, but I was sure that I wanted it to be with George because… Because I love him.”

She blushes again and smiles at me.

“I think that’s how I knew I was ready,” she says, “because I knew it might hurt but I wanted to be closer to him.”

“So, do you think I should…” I begin, but Scarlett is shaking her head.

“It’s up to you and Fred,” she says. I bite my lip.

“Can you give me any tips?” I ask shyly.

“Relax,” Scarlett says, “and go slow. Don’t force the moment, just… Let it happen.”

She glances at the door and smiles. George and Fred walk in, laughing over something and Scarlett gets up, taking George’s hand.

“We’ll catch you guys later,” she says, throwing a wink to me.

“Sleep well?” Fred asks, sitting down next to me.

“Yeah, you?”

“Best sleep I’ve had in ages,” he grins, taking my hand. I pull back the covers and shift over to make room. Fred kicks his shoes off and slides in next to me. I lean up and kiss him softly under the chin then on the lips. He tangles his fingers in my hair and pulls me closer. I can feel my heart speeding up and the nerves creeping up. I push him back so he’s lying back on the pillows and sit on him. He pulls back, looking surprised.

“Alex,” he says.

“Fred,” I mimic. He laughs and brushes my hair off my face.

“Are you sure about this?” he asks gently. I nod.

“Let’s just… See where it goes,” I say, leaning down to kiss him again.

____________________________________________________________________________

I know I've been slack about uploading, I've just had writers block :( Hopefully it will go away soon!! Also, thinking of re-writing A Master Of Mischief. The storyline will be the same, but it will be better, LOTS better! In my status it said to post opinions on my message board, but everyone has just inboxed me, so that's fine too, or comment VV below VV and let me know what you think! Also, if any of you are Twitter nuts, follow me on there: @MaddieClaire344 Love you guys xoxo