Chapter 26

**Alex’s POV**

The next day has a stormy feeling about it. When I wake up Alicia and Angelina have already left. Scarlett is sitting on the window seat looking out at the Quidditch pitch, tears cascading down her face.

“Scarlett?” I ask quietly. She looks around and smiles.

“Morning,” she sniffs, “have a good sleep?”

“Better than you by the looks,” I say, sitting opposite her. She wipes her face on her sleeve and shrugs.

“Are you coming today?” I ask. She shakes her head.

“I want to stay here,” she says, “get that divination work done.”

“Did Oliver find anyone to fill in?”

“Adam is going to,” she says, “he’s really good, he just hates playing competitive sports.”

“I’ll stay with you, if you like,” I offer.

“That’s okay,” she says, “I know how much you love Quidditch. I’ll hang out with my cat.”

**Scarlett’s POV**

I watch the game from my dormitory. My heart is breaking. I know I was being bitter and childish and if we lose I’ll feel so guilty.

Much later on the whole Gryffindor team tramps in, covered in mud, but looking very happy arrive. I notice that Adam’s robes still have ROEMAN on the back.

“How’d it go?” I ask Alex.

“They had a rogue bludger,” she says, “nearly killed Harry. It broke his arm and then Lockhart tried to fix it, but he just removed all the bones so now Harry is in the Hospital wing.”

“Whoa, someone is hyped up,” I laugh. Alex’s eyes are opened wide and are sparkling.

“PARTY!” Fred yells, leaping through the portrait hole.

“Excuse me,” I tell Alex, scooping up my unopened books.

“Scarlett, wait!”

I pause for a second and look back at Oliver.

“We really want you back on the team,” he says sincerely, “Adam is great, but he doesn’t want to play and Katie won’t. You’re the best chance we have of winning the cup.”

I shake my head, backing towards the stairs.