Ch. 2 Rock Pt. 2

"Rock, please let me explain this. I...I created you as a perfect mixture of humanity and robotics. I made you as a companion to Roll. She's...basically your sister."

"Wait, what?" 

"Rock, let me see your arm."

My mind was screaming at me not to let the strange man seeming to think he was God or something touch me. But I complied, and he held my arm in his hand as he fished a strange remote out of his pocket. He pressed a button on it, and, much to my surprise, a panel of some sort opened on my arm. 

"Whoa. Whoawhoawhoawhoawhoa. What's going on?" 

"Rock, you're a robot. And I created you."

"Wow, uh, okay. Say I believe you, why did you dump me and have me believe I was human for 14 YEARS!?"

"Actually, it was 9 years."

"...what?"

"The man I mentioned before, the one who helped me, became jealous of my success. He seemed to go crazy about it. I feared for you two, and sent you in the care of your mother, and implanted memories so you wouldn't be too suspicious. And for those 9 years, it worked. You were safe, and nothing happened."

I could hardly speak. My legs threatened to buckle underneath me. "I...I need some air."

I rushed out to a balcony on the building. I leaned over the edge and just sat there. I was a robot. Worse, I was somehow connected to this madman. I wanted to hurl, but I doubted the people on the floors below would appreciate that. I sighed.

I looked out at the city. What would happen to me now? I didn't want to think about it.

I noticed some clouds of dust or something building up somewhere in town. I was confused, and I heard a high pitched whine from inside the building. I headed back inside, where my mom, Roll, and Light sat staring at a screen.

"What's going-" I looked at the screen. A bald, clearly rather old man with a large mustache was on screen, and he clearly wasn't advertising life insurance.

"...I am Dr. Albert Wily, and I'm sure some of you know my old colleague, Thomas Light. However, Light has made a bit of a mistake, and I'm afraid I had to steal a few of his toys. The Robot Masters are all under my control, and at this very moment, Guts Man is attacking the city. I hope Light realizes his mistake. Until then, the robot will continue to attack until everyone in the city pays me proper respect. And a little cash..."

The screen went black. My mom promptly began to freak out.

"This is terrible! What are we gonna do!? That man could destroy the city with all six of the robots!"

"I don't know."

"Well you have to come up with something! We can't just let him keep doing this!"

"Yes, but we don't have any options! I have nothing I could use to combat him."

"Except me."

All voices silenced as my voice rang out.

"Rock." Light looked at me.

"NO!!" My mom reacted finally. "Rock, you will NOT do anything like that."

"But like he said, I'm your only option." I replied.

"No! This is crazy! Thomas, please tell him that this is crazy!"

"It is crazy." He said, before turning to a computer. "But it's the only way."

"What?" My mom asked.

"Cindy, if we don't do anything, Wily will take control of this city. With MY creations. I can't allow that to happen. I believe without any alternative, the final decision should be up to Rock."

My mom was silent for a moment, then simply asked, "Honey?"

I swallowed and found my strength. "I want to do this."

"All right. I can make modifications."

"What kind of modifications?" I asked.

He looked me in the eyes. "You'll just have to find out."

---

I thought as I lied down on the support table. Light was prepping things for the modifications, and I was trying to keep myself from flipping out. Something Light had said earlier came to my mind. 

"What happened, between you and Wily?"

He sighed. "Wily...he was talented. We both were. We were friends in college, and we got along fairly well. But, I always got the spotlight. Wily was constantly left behind. After I won a...very prestigious award, Wily disappeared. I haven't heard from him since."

I didn't say anything. 

"I'm going to have to put you in stasis mode while I do this."

"Uh, okay." He plugged a cord into the back of the table. I felt a twinge in the back of my brain. I felt my vision slipping as I heard him speak.

"See you on the other side."

Then everything went black.

---

I eventually began to feel conscious, and see things. Strange monitors, like the ones I had seen before.

Nope. Not a dream. 

I started to sit up and open my eyes as I heard a voice asking me, "Well, Rock? How do you feel?"

I moved my arms about. It felt really, really good. "Pretty darn good."

---

Log Entry-35

9 years. Almost 10. I still haven't been back, and I don't intend to go. Yet in all my time exploring this Earth, I still don't understand these humans. Some are good. Others aren't. Some care for each other. Others couldn't care less.

But that doesn't matter. What does is something that happened today. I felt a strange, but familiar signal. As if an old picture were dusted off and placed on its shelf again. It can hardly be seen, but it's there. And it concerns me greatly.