Ch. 29 Heat Stroke Part 3

We dropped a short distance into the final room. The heat was creating ripples in the air all around us. I took a small step away from Fire Man, whose flame had only gotten brighter throughout our adventure. On beside the wall we had come through, and the one opposite that one, the other two sides of the room were cut off by large lava falls, creating something like a convection oven.

Across the room, sitting against the wall, was what I guessed to be our next Robot Master. He was mostly bright yellow, and had a box-like shape to his body. His limbs were a bright red, as was his head, which stuck out of the yellow box of his body, with the box bending back behind his head into a design like an opened lighter.

He almost looked uncomfortable. I couldn't really tell from the heat and small distance across the room, but he seemed to be sweating and fanning himself.

He seemed to notice we had entered. "Oh. Hey. You made it. I was beginning to wonder if-" His eyes suddenly lit up. "Oh, Fire Man! Thank goodness, I've-I've been meaning to ask you something."

We were both surprised, and Fire Man thought about it for a moment before answering awkwardly, "Alright, pardner. Shoot."

The Robot Master got to his feet. "You know, I'm designed based on fire. But not just fire, also heat. I mean, you can tell from this room just how much heat matters to my design. Heck, I'm even called Heat Man. So you'd think with all that, I don't know, I'd maybe have a little tolerance to the thing?"

He sighed and shook his head. "What I'm saying is, do you ever really, you know, feel hot? Like, uncomfortably hot?"

Fire Man looked at him and shrugged. "Not really. The work I do, you have to be able to take some heat."

The robot looked at him with something new suddenly in his eye. He frowned. "What, you think I can't take the heat? Well you're wrong! I may not be able to always be comfortable, but that doesn't mean I can't take you down in the name of Dr. Wily!" His entire body quickly ignited into flame, and he was launched towards us at high speed. I quickly made a jump to the side, and Fire Man did the same.

He stopped after traveling across the room, the flames on his body dimming down. He spun around, and launched a series of small fireballs from his body, which traveled in arcs across the room. I dodged the first fireball that landed right at my feet, but another one caught the side of my helmet. I let out a short yell in surprise and smacked at it to put it out.

Heat Man smiled a little and charged at us again.

---

Within a few minutes of having started playing, Michael was already exploding.

"2 lives? You took two of my lives in 24 seconds?" He exclaimed, dropping his controller in frustration.

Ice Man remained in his comfortable position, unmoved by the complaint. "I know lots of little things about advanced combat." He replied before crushing one of Tempo's lives.

Michael growled and sat back down to continue playing. A smile crept into the corner of Ice Man's mouth.

Roll walked behind the couch for a moment, still doing busy work. Tempo turned. "You're really sure you don't wanna play anymore?"

Roll smiled, but shook her head. "No, thank you. I've never been a fan of violence."

Ice Man quickly straightened up. "Well then, I can't say I'm a fan of it either. But unfortunately, situations arise, and we must be willing to fight." He said quickly.

Roll kind of nodded and left the room.

Ice Man let out a breath and turned back to the TV. A frown developed on Tempo's face. "What was that?"