Ch. 5 Roll Part 2

As Rock and Elec Man began a battle throughout the building, Michael shifted behind the desk he was positioned behind. He suddenly felt his hand touch something. He jumped.

"Aah!" He quietly exclaimed. He saw that it was a young girl, looking about his age. She had blonde hair and a red dress. He calmed himself. "Sorry. Didn't notice you there."

"No problem." She whispered. "I'm Roll." She continued as she reached out and touched out his hand again.

He felt his cheeks get hot, and he stammered, "I-I'm M-Michael."

He wasn't exactly sure why he felt this way, but he was definitely feeling it. He closed his eyes and thoughts spiraled through his brain.

What's going on?

I have to get out of here.

How did this happen? 

What's happening to me?

His eyes snapped open as another thought occurred.

"Where's Rock?" He asked aloud, not intentionally.

"You know Rock?" Roll asked him.

"Yeah, he's my best friend. And you?"

"Well, I..." A blast of electricity overhead interrupted her.

"Come on, this way." Michael led her over towards another desk. They went back and forth from different shelters trying to make their way out. As they approached the door, Elec Man's attention shifted.

"Oh no you don't!" He smiled, and a pulse of elctricity zapped through wires, and they overheated and caught flame right next to the door. They fell back, barely avoiding the burst of flame. Elec Man smiled and walked forward. His gauntlet glowed with electrical energy. He thrust a hand out and an electrical blast flew towards them. Suddenly, a blue flash came in front of them. Mega Man flew to the side of them, crackling with electrical energy.

Michael ran over. "Are you okay, uh..." Mega Man turned over in pain, revealing that his helmet had been destroyed. His wild brown hair stood free. 

"Uh, Rock?"

-Rock POV-

I froze. I tried to not look kinda panicked as I turned around slowly. I was normally bad at keeping secrets, but this was a major flop. I grunted and tried to keep my voice unrecognizable. "Uh, no idea what you're talking about."

"Yep, it's you. So, what are you doing wearing armor and shooting stuff? And, uh, when did this happen?"

"Rather not talk about it right now!" I grunted, thrusting my thumb towards the guy trying to zap fry us.

"Oh, yeah. Carry on."

I hid behind a piece of overturned furniture. I could see Elec Man approaching in a glass pane in front of me. A crazy idea popped into my head. I charged my arm cannon, and turning it behind my shelter, used the mirror to try to aim at Elec Man. When he seemed in a good range, I took the shot. It struck him square in his chest, stopping his movement. I stepped out from my hiding spot and swung my leg across his face, knocking him to the ground.

"Good riddance. I couldn't stand that guy." I muttered.

Everyone was silent for a moment. Some of the electrical devices began to sputter back to life after being deactivated.

Finally, the silence was violently broken. "Okay, will someone please explain what the HECK is going on here!?" Michael exclaimed.

"Uh, should I start from the beginning or the BEGINNING beginning?" I asked no one in particular.

No one replied.

"Guess I'll just start wherever." I sighed.