Ch. 7 The Iceman Cometh Part 2

The shot was perfect. Dead on. I impressed myself.

However, a sheet of ice rose  in front of it, and the shot only blasted away a portion of it.

"Do you think I'm stupid, buddy? You're gonna have to do better than that." He laughed as he shot a burst of ice in my direction. I dove out of the way as the ground I stood on moments before became a block of ice.

I focused myself, then rushed forward. I sidestepped two more ice shots, and blasted a third out of the air. I pounded towards the robot, determined to not only stop him, but wipe his smug smile off of his face. I slid as another shot barely grazed over my head. I swung behind a tree. While resting, I noticed a frozen tree limb lying on the ground not too far away. I approached it carefully, and concentrating carefully, turned off my outward speakers. Load Super Arm.

The command started several motors and gears whirring. My coloring changed to a mainly dark brown with yellow highlights, and I felt an immense surge of strength.

Super Arm Loaded A monitor on the right side of my view flashed. I grinned and lifted the limb with Guts Man's weapon. I turned to the robot. 

"Hey buddy!" I yelled at him.

He looked at me confidently, then his face began to look worried.

"Ice knowing you!" I finished as I hurled the branch.

For the record, I hadn't intended to say ice. I was trying to say "nice", but my external sound systems didn't come on quite in time. I try not to make my jokes that bad.

He gasped as the limb tore through the sheet of ice he stood atop. It crumbled quickly, and he dropped suddenly to the pavement. I quickly ran over to him, and before he could get up, grabbed him by his hood (he was surprisingly short). I looked him in the eyes and smiled.

"Game over, buddy."

He strained for a second, but suddenly stopped and looked me directly back. "It would certainly seem so." He returned. I felt a stinging pain in my side, and he slipped from my grasp as an ice spread across my body, freezing me to the spot. I strained as he stood up chuckling. "Soldier, I look forward to seeing you in the field."

He laughed and blasted a sheet of ice up the street, which he jumped on and skated off. I wiggled a little to check my mobility, which was about none. I sighed and decided I would have to use my number two weapon. I focused and saw the monitors begin to blink.

Loading...Thunder Beam loaded. My coloring went grey, and the highlights stayed yellow. The weapon began to charge in the ice, before I released it.

The ice burst violently, scattering small shards in all directions. I felt a painful jolt run through my body. I could hear people gasp and heard shuffling. I struggled to fully stand, then ran to the ice strip where he had left. I sighed. I ran into a nearby alley, where I took off my helmet and looked at it. My breath was so cold I could see it fog up in the air, but other than that I seemed fine. I noticed my colors had reverted to normal as well.

I winced as I got up. I had to go back to Light, and come up with some sort of plan.

I went into the back streets and began a painful trek back.

-Later-

By the time I got back, I was next to completely exhausted. I stumbled in, breathing heavily, and dropping my arm. It had previously been numb, but now seemed to have thawed a little more. Roll ran out and saw me.

"Oh my goodness! Are you okay, do you need an ice pack-"

"Heat pad." I interrupted. "DEFINITELY a heat pad."

I sat down roughly as Light came in. "What in the world did you do?"

"I became an ice cube in a nut job's lemonade. Not recommended."

His expression darkened as he sat down as well. "Ice Man, I'll bet. His specialty."

"What is it with you and creating super robots?"

"Not going to answer that right now. How did you get yourself out?"

"With the Thunder Beam. It was pretty easy, but it hurt like heck."

"I designed Ice Man's ice to be incredibly tense. Like trying to break out of rock. That must mean that your thunder has a weakening effect on the ice. This is critical." He stood up and began to pace. Roll returned and placed a heat pad on my shoulder, and I felt instant relief. "Rock, I need you to aim your Thunder Beam at this." He entered some buttons into his keyboard, and a lightning rod came out of wall. "And go to the balcony."

I sighed. I got up and walked over, then set myself up. I loaded Elec Man's weapon, and aimed it directly at the rod. I fired.

At least I tried to. The weapon suddenly sparked, then went dead. No reaction when I tied firing it.

"Uh, Doc?"

He looked up quickly.

"It isn't working."

I heard a loud ring, and Michael rushed in. "I came as soon as I could!" He panted. He looked at Light, and me, and seeing the obvious worry on everyone's faces, asked,  "Uh...so what did I miss?"