Ch. 13 Deadlocked Part 2

My stomach shot up into my throat. A thousand thoughts started spinning through my head. While some of them were things like, "I can't believe I let robot masters walk into this place," or "Oh my gosh I just put this girl I just met in life threatening peril," but most of them were more along the lines of "Errh. Doh. Oh..." 

People began to panic, and several got up and ran for the exit. The larger guy smiled, and pulled out a freakin bomb, and hurled it over their heads. It landed in the doorway out, causing it to cave in, and the people were forced out.

"Ah ah ah!" Orange guy waved a finger. "Nobody's leaving yet. We came here for some fun! And we're gonna get it."

He sighed. "Of course, I'm being rude. Hello, all. Nice to meet you. I am Cut Man, and this here is Bomb Man. We are the last two robot masters under orders of Doctor Wily. Surely you've heard of him. And surely you've heard that there's a certain blue boy who seems to think he's some sort of big shot, and has been getting in Wily's way. Well, this time, we're gonna change things up, Mega Man. A formal challenge! Me and Bomb Man..." He almost looked directly at me. "And you."

He continued again. "Oh, and you think two on one is unfair? You should have thought about that before you kicked the cans of four of our brothers. You had this coming. If any of these people want to leave, it'll be after watching you get cut to pieces."

Bomb Man rolled his eyes, and a few people winced a little at the pun. 

"We're waiting, Mega Man! Go ahead. Try us."

He stood proudly on the spot for a moment. He looked around a little, and then added, "There were news crews getting that, right?"

After a moment of awkward silence, one guy in the back raised his hand.

"Good, good. Thanks for that, pal. This guy! This guy is my man."

Every extra second he kept talking was making me less and less worried.

"So, sit tight folks, and we'll be on our way as soon as Mega Twerp shows up!" Cut Man grinned.

Some people began fidgeting uncomfortably.

"What, what's going on?" Cut Man asked, a little ticked.

"I gotta go to the bathroom." Someone yelled.

"Freaking humans...inconvenient waste disposal."

"Whatever, you can go." Bomb Man waved. About a quarter of the stadium began to rush out of their seats. I grabbed Tempo (as gently as possible) and left with the crowd.

---

"You idiot!" Cut Man spun to face Bomb Man. "What the heck are you doing?"

"What? We are robots. Our code prevents us from harming humans unnecessarily."

"But it's just urinating!"

---

I led Tempo to an area near the concessions, then ducked into a small part in the wall.

"So what the heck do you think you're doing?"

"I don't know. But hopefully I can get a signal."

"I doubt anyone is. I certainly can't."

"Not what I was really referring to." I put a hand up to my ear. I tapped inside, and a ringer sounded in my ear.

"What are you..."

I held up a hand as the tone ended, and was replaced with Light's voice. "Hello? Rock?"

"Yeah, It's me. You checked the news recently?"
"Roll just told me. Where are you?"