Ch. 32 Cold Front

For the record, if it says "undefined" anywhere and then a big space, nothing's missing. Wattpad's just being stupid.

---

"Bubble Man, Heat Man, and Wood Man." Dr. Light muttered, walking around his office uncomfortably. "Wily's branching out from general uses. I think he really wants to outplay you, and he's making these Robot Masters to show he can."

"Yeah." I replied. "No kidding."

He shook his head. "But we're not even halfway, if the eight he showed at the conference were all he had. We still need to stop every last one."

I swallowed and stared down at my buster. "Sure. Definitely..."

Dr. Light stopped and looked at me. "Are you alright, Rock?"

"Fine. Just...bothered."

He nodded. "About Wood Man?"

I sighed. "I don't know, my head's so confused. I'm just tired of fighting, I guess. And since Wood Man showed a desire for the same, I guess I feel pretty poorly about destroying him."

Dr. Light put his hand on my shoulder. "You did what you had to, same as Wood Man. Perhaps when this is over, we can find a way to come up with a plan for him."

"Did I hear something about a plan?" A voice called from the doorway. I turned, finding Ice Man standing proudly. "I came as soon as you requested, Dr. Light."

Light nodded. "Excellent, thank you. I appreciate you taking the extra time away from your work. Rock may need all the help he can get."

"Yessir, I won't let you down as a mission coordinator."

Dr. Light put a hand on his shoulder. "Oh no, Ice Man. You're joining him on the mission."

He stopped and swallowed. "I am?" He quickly darted his eyes around, as if looking for something. Or someone.

He shook himself and stood tall. "...Of course. My orders are...understood."

A ping earned Dr. Light's attention. "Good, because we may have to begin the mission right away." He typed on his computer for a moment with intense concentration, and finally pulled up an image.

He frowned a little. "I'm not sure what is supposed to be there, but those are the coordinates." He turned to the two of us. "Are you two ready?"

"Yes, sir!" Ice Man shouted, preventing me from saying anything.

 "Alright." He put a few more commands into his computer. "Your coordinates are set. Good luck."

The teleport icon in my monitor blinked, and my view was replaced with a quiet alleyway. It seemed to be beside some sort of warehouse, and I could hear machinery operating far away.

Ice Man frowned. "Minimal enemy activity it would seem. Are we sure we're in the right place?"

I didn't reply, but walked over to some sort of loading platform nearby. It was completely empty, and sat idly on the ground. I looked at it carefully. "This has been modified. Not sure how, but certain pieces are out of place."

Ice Man nodded. "Then maybe we should see what it does." He stepped on, followed shortly by myself.

We stood still on it for a moment, before a soft rumble could be felt beneath our feet. I began to feel a weird sensation, and I tried to place what it reminded me of in order to properly asses the situation.

An elevator.

"Get down and hold on!" I yelled, and hardly a second later, the platform shot into the sky on some sort of rocket propulsion. I was thrust downward onto it, and I gripped the edge with the determination that only comes from not wanting to fall off of a rocket.