Ch. 18 The Robot Masters Part 3

I quickly destroyed the machine's control panel, causing bits of metal to fly off. The machine began to fall, slowly at first, then a bit faster. I grabbed Wily by the back of the shirt and jumped off, landing safely away from the destroyed weapon.

I looked back at Wily. "Why? Why did you have to do this?"

"You do not comprehend the level of genius I possess. I am the greatest mind this generation will ever see! And Light lets himself get all of the glory. I worked hard to help him make the Robot Masters, to make a name for myself. And he gets all of the attention. I was meant to be great. And one way or another, I will achieve it."

I sighed, looking off towards the tangled wreckage of his latest machine. "Well you won't anytime soon. You're going to prison, Wily. Where you belong."

He looked up at me with a saddened look for a moment. Then in an instant, it changed to a sinister grin. "Oh I wouldn't say that."

He shifted under his coat and did something with his hand.

He pressed a button on something, and suddenly, a loud alarm began to blare. Parts of the castle began crumbling, and I sighed. "Of course you have a self destruction button."

I looked away and discovered Wily was gone. "Well I botched this up."

I began running away. Oddly conveniently, several walls I needed to get through were falling as I got there. Soon enough, I came into a room where the Robot Masters stood quietly. Bomb Man smiled. "We did it, boys. We beat Mega Man."

I ran in and grabbed Ice Man by the hand. "Great job, guys. Time to leave."

After a few moments, I looked back and noticed that they were actually following me.

"Why...are you guys coming with?"

"Our primary objective was destroying Mega Man." Elec Man replied. He looked at me. "Primary objective complete. We don't have any problem with you anymore."

"I guess that's cool." I nodded.

"Heads up!" Guts Man rushed forward and held up a large section of the ceiling which fell in front of us. We rushed past before Guts Man threw the piece away.

As we made it out of the castle, the building reached the final stage of collapse. We slowed as we reached a certain distance from the castle, and looked back. I watched silently as the large skull on the front of the castle crumbled and disappeared from view.

Fire Man put a cannon on my shoulder. "Ya did it, partner."

---

I sighed. I was currently taking a break. My armor was off, and I was relaxing on a couch. As you can imagine, it can be pretty tiresome saving people from a nutjob and and his robots.

I opened my eyes as I heard footsteps. It was Tempo, which was a bit of a surprise. "Hey."

"Hi. How are you doing?" She asked.

"I'm alright. Really tired. I'm really just glad it's all over."

"Yeah..." She was awkwardly silent.

I didn't know what to say.

"I...I guess I'll go. See you later?"

"I guess." And she left.

I groaned and leaned back again. It was gonna be difficult having things go back to normal.

Dr. Light came in soon, and greeted me. "Well done, Rock."

"Yeah. I just love not fighting. It really takes it out of you."

"Well, I have a bit of a surprise." He stepped aside, and through the hall came five Robot Masters (Guts Man obviously was a little big).

"'Sup, kid?" Elec Man smiled.

"I went into their I.C. chips, where their personality is stored, and restored them to what they were. They aren't going to hurt anyone else."

"Provided somethin' doesn't go horribly wrong!" Fire Man added. We all looked at him. "What?"

Dr. Light left. We all kind of sat there uncomfortably. "So..." Cut Man began.
"I swear if you make a pun, I will send enough volts through you to shut down this entire building." Elec Man interrupted.

Cut Man crossed his arms and pouted.

Ice Man spoke up. "Well, I for one am wondering something."

I looked at him. "Yeah?"

He smiled. "Who was the toughest?"

I had to think about it for a while. While I did, they argued about it.

"It was totally me!" Bomb Man claimed. "I kept blowing him up. That's pretty awesome."

"Please. He needed an energy tank to beat me." Cut Man retorted.

"But I lit his house on fire!" Fire Man turned to me. "Sorry 'bout that, by the way."

"Ice is much better than all of that. He was visibly shaking." Ice Man added.

"It's Elec Man." I answered.

They looked at me with disappointment. "He was fast, strong, and tricky. He took out the whole building, I felt a lot of pressure to beat him."

"He certainly is fast." Ice Man replied.

"Yep." Fire Man patted Elec Man on the back. "Fastest of the fast!"

I rolled my eyes.

---

Wily watched the room through one of the cameras he had installed. It was hilarious how Dr. Light had never noticed them. He watched as the robots debated, like fools. He listened to Fire Man's comment.

"Fastest of the fast. How ridiculous."

He walked away. "You have no idea how far I've come. I'll be back, and you all will know my power."

He walked to a series of pods. "'Fastest of the fast.' If only they knew..." He pressed a button on the side of one, and a light illuminated a red, sleek, metallic body.

"If only they knew how wrong they were."

---

Mega Man 1 complete!

And the points still don't matter at all!

Anyway, thanks for reading, I will continue this series, but there will be a shorter arc before we move on to MM2. I hope you guys enjoy!