Ch. 4 Roll Part 1

Deep inside a strange castle, a man studied his computer screen, watching the footage of Guts Man being taken down by a small blue robot. His fist began to tighten as he watched. This robot would pay for defeating one of his tools.

He turned to a desk and entered some buttons.

"If strength won't do it..." He smiled.

---

"Come on, please?"

"I already told you."

"Yeah. And I don't believe you."

Michael had been bothering me about this for the past two hours. I was bored. Very bored.

"You seriously don't believe that my mom would keep me restrained to my bed for the whole day?"

"I believe that. What I don't believe is that you'd listen to her."

I sighed. I could understand why this secret identity thing was so hard.

"Dude, can we just talk about this later?"

"Uh huh."

I heard a ringing in my pocket. I pulled out my phone. It was Light.

"Hello?"

"Huh. So you're the little blue who thought he could take down Wily and not get noticed. You aren't very smart."

"Who is this? Where's Light?"

"He's occupied at the moment. Perhaps you'd like to come down to Light Labs and help him."

"What are you..."

"Bye."

The phone went dead.

I put it down. "Rock?" Michael asked.

"I...I gotta go."

"What, what's up?"

"I...I can't talk about it right now. I'll see ya later." I stood up and rushed off.

---

Very soon after, I arrived at Light Labs. I didn't want to call too much attention to myself, so I took the elevator.

Listening to elevator music while you are worried that your friends might be in trouble is not a great experience.

Just as the elevator reached Light's floor, the lights went off and the elevator stopped with the doors only open a crack.

"Oh boy." I muttered. I squeezed my hands in the crack and began pulling the two doors apart. It didn't take as much energy as I thought it would have, probably due to Light's modifications. I grunted as the doors opened fully. I walked into the floor. The darkness was almost total. I took careful steps.

"Hello?" I asked cautiously. Nothing replied. I walked slightly farther.

My phone began to ring in my pocket. I pulled it out. It was from Light, again.

I opened it.

"All right, I'm here, what-"

"Surprise."

A shock buzzed in my head. I fell over in pain. I could barely keep my eyes open to watch a small ball of electricity spin before forming into a mysterious humanoid form. There were two large yellow boots on it, topped with orange knee pieces. A black area was over its lower body, replaced by orange on its upper body. It had yellow rings around its wrists, and orange gloves. A black shoulder piece covered its chest, with a yellow lightning bolt symbol in its center. On its head it wore a black helmet with a yellow mask with a lightning bolt design.

"Call me Elec Man. Now go to sleep." He smiled before blasting me in the face with a lightning bolt. I fell unconscious.

---

I woke up to hear some one whispering to me.

"Rock. Rock." 

I groaned. I could barely move. My body felt weird. "Who...who's there?"

"Rock. It's me, Dr. Light."

"Oh. Great." I grunted as I got up. I looked around. It seemed to be Light's office.

"What are we doing here?"

"Simple. I'm keeping you here." A voice called out, and a bolt of lightning sped into the room before forming into Elec Man. "You try to leave, I blow you to bits. Get it?"

"Hilarious." I grunted.

He turned around and began pacing. "You know, I was curious when I was sent here to take care of the little blue guy. Now I'm even more curious. Where could you all be hiding him?"

I turned to Light. "You need to distract him."

"What? Rock, you don't-"

"Look, I gotta try."

He sighed. "I'm getting too old for this."

He scrambled around in a drawer for a small device.

"Great. Just...keep him busy." I smiled.

"You are going to get us all killed."

"I try not to be that negative."

Light took a deep breath, then tossed the device. It beeped, and began to spray out a gas.

"What?" Elec Man went into electricity and zapped off. I sprung up and ran out. I stopped outside. I just had to get there.

-Meanwhile-

Michael slipped into the office. He knew Rock had come to this building, so he looked in, but couldn't see anything through the darkness and strange fog. He waded through, until he tripped over something.

"Rock?" A voice whispered.

"You know him?"

"Who are you?"

Suddenly, the fans turned on at high power. The fog blew out of the room quickly. When It was clear, Elec Man zapped out of an outlet.

He looked over at them. He frowned. "You aren't the one who was here before." He turned to Light. "Where is he?" 

"He's...going to get help." He said after a slight hesitation.

Elec Man smiled. Then he began to laugh uncontrollably. "He is, is he? I'd like to see him try. I'm patched into this whole building. At any moment, I can find him and blast him to pieces. Same with both of you." He laughed again.

---

I turned into the lab. I slipped quietly into a special corner, where the work table was. I pushed a button, and it flipped to it's back. In a special case were the pieces of my armor. I pushed a button on the side to open it, but it stayed locked. "Uh oh." I groaned. I jammed my fingers into the case. I pulled, straining to open it. I fell backwards with the effort. I stood up again, put my fingers back, and prepared to pull again.

---

"So that's what you were doing." Elec Man grinned. "Distracting me the the fog machine. Not bad, but now you've got it coming now." He began to charge an electric ball on his finger.

A large wooden frame landed right in front of them as the blast struck it, dissipating the charge. Elec Man spun around to see a figure in blue body armor and a helmet.

-1st POV-

"Watch it. That's an electrical hazard." I smiled.

"Nice throw." He smiled, aiming himself towards me. "Bet you got that from the big guy."

"Among other things."

"Well, guess what? I'm not him." And he shot another blast.