Ch. 15 The Good, the Yellow, and the Wily

Wily's Castle was curiously decorated.

When a guy dresses up a place with large skulls and death robots, one of the best words for it is "curious".

I began walking forward, and as I did, a bright path lit up in front of me leading to the base of the castle. Wily's voice sounded over loudspeakers. "It'd be best to follow the path, since either side is a little booby trapped." I looked down as a bird landed peacefully on the path beside me and was instantly electrically deep fried. I felt a little repulsed.

"Impressed?" He asked proudly.

"Did you like, train that bird to that? Because the timing on that was way too perfect."

He grunted and disconnected.

I began to move forward at a light jog, when a shadow made me look up. I saw something coming at high speed, which I only just managed to leap out of the way of. It was a large robot with a jet on around its lower body, a spring below it, and a large eye. It leapt at me again, and I took off. I spun around and fired with my buster several times. They hit it plainly, but it wouldn't stop. I tried more and more, but it just wouldn't work. I ran a little further back, but I couldn't figure out anything to do. I remembered my weapons. I cycled through them mentally.

Super Arm's no good, nothing to throw.

Fire Storm could work.

Thunder Beam probably won't damage it much.

I narrowly avoided having my head smashed again.

Hoo boy. Better be careful.

Hyber Bomb is too hard to time.

Rolling cutter wouldn't do much better than my regular shots.

So it was Fire Storm or Ice Slasher. "Well..."

ICE SLASHER LOADED

"Guess we'll just guess." I blasted it as it leapt into the air. The shot went through its systems, freezing them. The jets remained on, so it hovered idly in the air. I stood for a second, before deciding to run under while it was busy.  

I was pretty satisfied with how it turned out, so I did the same to two more as I rushed towards the large fortress. The third one, however, I almost got my head crushed as I got a little cocky and almost didn't make it in time. "Okay, don't do that again."

I ran up to the end of the path, and found that there was no door. I frowned and felt around for some kind of switch. Nothing. I then noticed that where the path met the wall, it seemed like two parts had been divided into segments, one higher, and one lower. 

SUPER ARM LOADED

I grabbed one and crunched into the metal. I tore it off and dropped it behind me. I then reached up and grabbed the other part of the wall, doing the same. I found one more gate, which I tore off and threw at one of the jumping robots that attempted to follow me.

I stepped forward into a hallway. I walked forward, and let myself fall down a small drop, about three feet. I looked up and saw a ledge high above me. I frowned, and as I tried to figure out what to do, a humming sound filled my ears. I looked down as the grate I was standing on filled with red light. I turned around and jumped towards where I had been, only able to make it partway before searing hot fluid erupted out, filling the entire vertical chamber, and singing my lower body. I landed in pain.

I looked at it again, trying to think through the heat that tormented my legs. I thought about everyone who was depending on me. My mom. Roll. Michael.