Ch. 35 Full Metal Face-Off

Happy December 1st, people!

So this picture isn't really someone's art. Turns out its a t shirt design on Shirtigo.com. So...Christmas list ideas? Here's the link.

http://shirtigo.co/mega-man-christmas/

Totally not sponsored, though. I just think its cool.

Wattpad I swear I'm not sponsored. Do you hear me? It's a cool shirt, that's all.

Wattpad!?

---

Light suddenly filled my eyes, and I squirmed my head away, trying to figure out what was happening.

Roll's face blocked my vision, causing me to rapidly blink with the change of lighting. I began to hear her voice ringing in my head. "Rock...can you hear me..."

I closed my eyes, trying to secure a grasp on reality. I guess I had been on shutdown, because everything was very slow to get going. Roll's voice returned again, a little louder. "Rock. Rock, are you alright?"

I tried to get up, but she quickly rushed to pull me down. "No no no, you save your strength. You're really beat up."

I rested back down, looking around. Dr. Light entered quickly, taking a close look at me. "Are you alright, Rock?"

I could barely feel anything. "About as much as you'd imagine."

He nodded. "I activated your teleport to bring you back. After that, I repaired some of your damages. At least enough to allow you to function properly."

I grunted. "Good...good..." A thought entered my head, and I quickly turned to Dr. Light. "How long has it been?"

He looked at me with curiosity. "It's been about 45 minutes since I recovered you."

I swallowed. "Oh."

Dr. Light frowned. "What's so important?"

"Wily made me an ultimatum." I replied. "I had two hours after I was...beaten...to be ready to fight the next Robot Master. And if I wasn't, he'd destroy everything in the city."

Dr. Light's face filled with tension, and he didn't say anything. Thankfully, Roll did the talking for him. "What!? But that's ridiculous. Do you have any idea how badly you were damaged? We're lucky we could get you running!"

Dr. Light held up a hand. "Roll. I understand your concern, but Albert won't be fazed. He only responds to force, something which I tried to plan for." He walked over to his computer and typed in some commands. "I created an upgrade program for you, I planned to give it to you before you faced Wily. It would improve your combat systems. Unfortunately, the technology will take almost an hour to download, and I can't risk repairing your systems while the software is transferring."

I nodded. "Then put it in."

He looked at me with concern. "Rock, you're incredibly damaged. You won't be able to take more than a few hits in your current state."

"But if I'm not strong enough, I won't stop them anyway. That's what important about this. I'm ready to do it."

"No, you're not!" A voice came through the doorway, and I turned my attention to see my sort-of mother walk in, quickly coming up to me and giving me a hug. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. Really."

She pulled herself away, a very stern, tearful look in her eyes. "Then you can understand why I don't want you to do this."

"Listen, I'm our best chance to stop this. Nothing else we have is suited enough to do it." I assured her. 

She was persistent. "You just can't. I was willing when everything mattered so much before...when so many lives were being threatened."