Ch. 26 Bubble Wrapped Part 2

I groaned as I shot another robot jellyfish as it dropped from the ceiling. It was difficult enough navigating the pathways with all the proximity mines (hopefully added in after the robot had showed up) lining the ceiling. Then these things had to come down and try to grab me.

I eventually popped my head out of the water and found a few more platforms in front of me. I jumped to the first, and found a robot crab falling from above almost instantly. I stepped back and blasted it just as it hit the ground.

Several more did the same thing, and several more met a quick end. After the last platform was a short jump to another submerged area. I sunk down and found a metal door in the hallway. I stepped up to it, and it opened swiftly. A few more steps down the corridor led to another door. When this one opened up, I stepped out and fell a small distance to an open room.

There wasn't much to it, but there were crates lined up against a few corners, and a quick upward glance revealed more mines lining the ceiling. I took a few cautious steps forward, and suddenly, one of the crates popped open.

A robot about my size emerged. He was designed very similarly to a scuba diver, with something like a breathing mask on his face, and swim goggles over his eyes. He had a cannon on one arm, and a tube coming out on top of his head. On his feet were flippers rather than boots.

"Well," He grunted as he stretched a little, "it's about time. Did my robots give you that much trouble?"

"Who are you?" I asked, shutting down the question.

He looked at me and nodded before taking a bow. "Bubble Man, aquatic Robot Master. And I assume you are Mega Man?"

"Wait wait. Your thing is bubbles?" I asked with a bit of a smirk.

He gave me a strange look. "...Yes."

"Wow, um...that's, uh...great for you, I guess."

"I'll have you know..." He snapped, "...that these bubbles aren't just pockets of air. They are definitely much more."

He pointed his cannon arm at me. "Care to observe!?"

---

Roll stepped quietly into the room  with her broom in hand. It might have seemed weird how often she would be found cleaning, but she was made to do it, and found enjoyment in keeping things tidy. Plus, it was a big help to Dr. Light, who was the closest thing she would have to a father.

As she began quietly brushing dirt away, a soft sound drew her attention. She looked up and saw someone begin to sit up from Dr. Light's work table. She stopped for a moment until the figure looked over to her, and she discovered that it was Tempo.

"Oh!" She gasped. "I'm sorry. I was just going to clean, and...I didn't know you were in here."

Tempo said nothing, but solemnly nodded.

Roll continued sweeping for what was probably a minute, but seemed like hours. She looked up at Tempo, who hadn't moved from when she had sat up. Concern was welling up within her, and she knew if she didn't do some comforting in the next few minutes, she'd probably blow a circuit.

She set down her broom and stepped next to the table. "Are you okay?"

Roll waited for a moment, and was prepared to say something else when Tempo finally whispered, "Am I okay?"

Roll didn't quite know what to think about the question. "Are...I'm afraid I don't understand."

Tempo brushed some of her hair away from her eyes. "It's...it's kind of a...a question to myself. Am I alright? And I don't know."