Ch. 3 Rock Part 3

I stood in an alley. I could hear the destruction going on. Someone had to stop him. I was the only one.

Light's voiced sounded over my comm. "Are you ready, Rock?"

"Ready as I'll ever be."

"Good. I have something important to tell you. I designed your armor as a backup for robots who went out of commission. It was designed to copy the abilities of the robot it was replacing, until the original could be fixed. It's not meant for the other abilities, and I was only able to reprogram it to copy abilities from robots who are deactivated. That said, your only abilities for this fight are going to be your fists and a built in blaster on your hands."

"Right."

"Rock, you have to be careful. This is Guts Man. He has more brute strength than any robot I designed."

"I understand."

"Seriously. Be careful."

I shut off the comm. I ran out into the street. Guts Man was busy throwing pieces of the road around. People fled in terror. I swallowed and hoped I would figure out how to shoot the blaster VERY quickly.

"Hey, knuckle head!" I yelled. Guts Man stopped short and turned around. 

"Why, you- Hey, where are ya?"

"Down here." I called. He looked down. He looked confused for a second. Then he burst out laughing.

"Great. I beat robots by laughing 'em to death." I muttered.

"You think you can stop me, pipsqueak? I'm GUTS MAN!!" He picked up a large piece of the street and threw it towards me. I dove to one side. He picked up another and threw it. I barely had time to dodge each unrelenting barrage of asphalt.

"Come on, shorty! Show me what you got!" He smiled as he threw one differently. I couldn't change my movement pattern fast enough, and the piece slammed into my chest and threw me down the street.

I moaned as I got up. I was starting to feel a clogging in my throat. I turned on my commlink.

"Uh, Light? Did I forget to mention that I have asthma?"

"That was only a detail to help cover your identity."

"WHAT!? THEN WHY DIDN'T YOU SHUT IT OFF!?"

"You didn't mention it."

"I am not happy right now. I am exhausted, in pain, and not happy."

I hung up and turned to Guts Man. I charged, dodging another piece of the street. "Come on. People are gonna have to drive on this!" 

"Hey, I don't." He smiled as he raised a fist. My asthma and inexperience caused me to take a full pound. I was smashed into the ground, and it felt like I had a truck on top of me.

"Ha ha ha! You just don't get it, do ya little guy? I'm too big ta beat! Certainly too big for a midget like you." He smiled down at me.

His last remark struck a nerve. I had heard Dex refer to me by those very words multiple times. I felt anger surge as I shifted my arms. "You know, I've had just about enough of the short jokes." As I took in a deep breath, I began to push. I strained as I tried to get the massive fist off of my body. Eventually, I felt space begin to open. Guts Man seemed surprised, and I gave another thrust. His hand finally was off my body, being held up by my arms. 

"Would my gym coach love this..." I muttered. Guts Man thrust another arm down at me. I rolled to one side, dropping the arm and dodging both attacks. I stood in pain as Guts Man tore his hands from the ground.