Ch. 38 The True Masters Part 2

I was unsure how to react at first, but Elec Man was completely the opposite. He got to his feet and used his good arm to take hold of Quick Man's. "You might want to think about this, speedy. Mega Man beat you once. Do you really want to face him again with backup?"

Quick Man smiled as he removed his blades from our throats. "Gee, I didn't think of that. I really don't. It's a good thing that's not the plan."

He held up a hand to his helmet, and for a split second nothing was wrong.

Then my HUD decided to inform me that everything was wrong.

WARNING. SYSTEM FIREWALLS HAVE BEEN DESTROYED. REMOTE INFILTRATION DETECTED. DEFENSES NOW SHUTTING DOWN.

"The cra-" I started to speak before my vision blacked out, and I lost consciousness.

---

Elec Man turned quickly to Rock, walking over to him. "Are you okay?"

Mega Man didn't respond, his body slightly spasming in multiple areas. His face was non responsive of anything happening around him. Elec Man tried to reach out to him, but Quick Man slipped in between and pushed him away. "Give him a second. I'm sure he'll work it out."

Confusion turned to anger on Elec Man's face. "What are you doing to him?"

Before Quick Man answered, Mega Man's body loosened, causing him to bend over at the waist, hanging his upper body limply over the floor. After a moment, he straightened up, standing tall and facing directly ahead. A red light appeared in his irises, shining with a sinister glow.

Quick Man shrugged. "Relax. It's still two against one."

-Meanwhile-

Bomb Man was already really creeped out.

So far, all he had heard was Crash Man talking, but from that brief dialogue, he could already tell the robot had some issues.

Crash stopped after a moment to look at Bomb Man. "Well, I apologize if I'm boring you. I do enjoy polite conversation." He shifted a little stretched out his arms before pointing both spikes toward Bomb Man. "And now that that's done..." the robot's face contorted into a sinister smile, "...buh bye."

Bomb Man quickly moved out of the way of the two Crash Bombs launched his way. He quickly pulled out two bombs of his own, hurling them toward his opponent. One was easily avoided, and the other was batted back toward Bomb Man, causing him to twist and land awkwardly so as to not explode.

Bomb Man was quick to get up, however, and rushed his opponent, grabbing him by the shoulder and throwing a heavy punch into his side.

His fist clanged against metal, neither moving as a result of the attack. Bomb Man's hand ignited with red hot pain, causing him to yank it back.

Crash Man smiled as he turned toward Bomb Man. "Ooh. That's unfortunate."

---

Ice Man ran in a panicked frenzy trying to avoid the incoming mini tornadoes. It was certainly very reminiscent of when he had fought Air Man before, but this time was different. This time, Mega Man wasn't there.

He yelped as another tornado whizzed past his side, sending a breeze through his circuitry. He shook himself and tried to look at Air Man. The blue robot was completely still on the other side of the room, only his fan blowing at high speeds to indicate he was battling.

"This isn't good. Pull yourself together, soldier..." Ice Man muttered, looking around the room and trying to think his plan through.

"What...would Mega Man do?"