Ch. 17 The Robot Masters Part 2

I began running as shots began to fire from the impersonator. He smiled as he kept me on the move, trying to wear me down. He suddenly aimed differently, and a shot hit me, causing me to stumble and fall into a wall.

"Behold, Mega Man! You are to be your own demise!" Wily laughed over speakers. "Copy Robot is a perfect match of you, but under my control."

"Wait a minute..." I grunted as I got up, "You had the whole 'Man' naming convention going on, and it never occurred to you to name a copy of me 'Nega Man?' I just lost some respect for you, Wily."

"Destroy him!"

"With pleasure." Copy Robot replied.

"Wait, you can talk?"

"I am a perfect copy of you." He aimed directly at my head. "I love talking."

Wow, that's subtle. 

I ducked as he fired the shot, and I put a few into his chest. He stumbled back. "Not bad. Let me show you what I can do."

He jumped through the air, spinning and landing on top of me. He fired a few shots at point blank, which all were just adding on top of the injuries I had sustained. I managed to punch him off and got to my feet.

"All right, pal..." I muttered, "...how'd you like a little Thunder Beam?"

WEAPON DATA NOT AVAILABLE

"I...I said 'a little Thunder Beam'?"

WEAPON DATA NOT AVAILABLE

"Oh yes, did we forget to mention that?" Copy Robot chuckled. "The energy that allowed Wily to copy you also removed your Copy Weapons. Bummer!" He turned gray and yellow, and held out his cannon towards me. "I think you were trying to use this."

---

Back in the cargo room, it was quiet. The fighting had finished, and the Robot Masters were down. Except for one who was sparking.

Elec Man strained against his damages to move. He had his eyes on a particular crate. When he got close enough, he blasted the side with a Thunder Beam. Dozens of E-Tanks spilled onto the ground. He took a swig of one, and let out a sigh as his wounds began to fix. He took a hand away from his damaged midsection, and used it to grab more cans. "Alright boys. Time to get this show back from commercial."

---

The beam of electric energy shot through me, causing me to fall back. I cycled through the weapon systems, trying to find anything that would work. "Come on, come on..."

I was forced to roll away after he attempted to jump on me again. I was now on the run. I couldn't hope to compete with him in terms of power or weaponry. He was just as fast as me too. It was all I could do to avoid any given shot from him. "No..." I muttered. "Not like this."

I found myself pinned against a wall. He smiled and lifted up his arm. He now changed to orange and yellow. "Be careful. This one's hot."

I suddenly felt a large force from the wall pushing me forward. I heard a smash as I fell on my face. Managing to turn over, I saw something that simply added to my joy.

Standing there were the Robot Masters. They still had some damages, but they all looked in fighting shape, and they weren't happy.

"Surprise!" Elec Man announced.

They began to walk into the room, before slowing to a stop. After a moment of silence, Fire Man said, "Well...this here complicates things."

I was confused for a moment, as the robots began whispering amongst themselves. Then I looked over at Copy Robot, and it occurred to me.