Chapter 21

Let me know what cha think :) Enjoy!

Asami smirked at Tonraq.

"You were saying??".

Asami glanced up at Korra. Through the darkness she could see her standing there. Korra and Asami made eye contact.

"Told ya we'd come".

Korra smiled. Asami got in Tonraq's way, standing in between her and her dad. He'd have to get through Asami to get to Korra. Asami looked at Tonraq as he stood up. The man did not look happy to see them.

"Oh looky", he said. "It's the three knights in shining armor coming to save the princess. How touching".

Asami caught sight of something shiny in his grip. It was a metal bat. Asami held up her own weapon, getting into a fighting stance.

"Get them!!", Tonraq ordered his men.
The two men held their own weapons, ran at Bolin and Mako. Asami and Tonraq faced eachother.

Asami was not about to let him get to Korra. No way. Not this time.

Asami decided to let him make the first move.

"What's the matter??", she asked, deciding to get him a little peeved off. "Scared of a girl??. I thought after all you've done to Korra, you'd be ready to fight someone that'll isn't afraid of you".

Asami chuckled. "I guess you're the chicken here, Tonraq. Beating your daughter and then running away when someone who won't back away in fear comes along. You're pathetic. Sound familiar??".

Tonraq growled. It worked. He charged at her. Asami readied herself. Tonraq raised the bat. Their weapons clunk together. The vibration of the metal hitting metal traveled up Asami's arm. She tensed her muscles, giving enough force to push him back.

Tonraq swung at her, his left foot coming foward. Asami ducked and rolled. She looked up at the man. She got to her feet, standing up. From the corner of her eye, she could see the guys fighting the other men.

Asami knew it was an unfair advantage. Grown men fighting mere children. The men were much stronger than them and could easily hurt and kill them if they got their hands on them.

Mako and Bolin were strong but not as nearly as strong as these built men. Tonraq was a giant compared to Asami. His muscles were huge, with broad shoulders and hard chest.

He was going to be hard to bring down. But Asami was up for the challenge. Tonraq turned towards her, a dangerous look in his eyes.

He laughed darkly.

"C'mon little girl", he said tauntingly. "Come and get me".

Asami's face hardened. She wasn't stupid. This guy knew what he was doing. But so did she. The bat in the man's hand was a lethal weapon and Asami didn't want to be in the way of it. Asami suddenly had an idea.

Turning her head, she looked at Mako. Mako and the tougher of the two other men were fighting fist to fist. The two looled worn out, breathing heavily, Mako sporting a bloody lip. He needed help.

"MAKO", she shouted, cupping her hand to her mouth.

Asami saw him give a quick glance at her then back to his opponent.

"TURN AND KICK!!", Asami commanded.

Mako grabbed onto the guy's left arm. He spun him around. Mako gave a swift and strong kick to his back. The guy stumbled a few feet to the front. Mako kicked his foot out and got him right behind his knee, making him fall to his knees. Mako used that perfect opportunity to whack him on the side of his head. The guy fell down unconscious.

Mako looked at Asami and nodded. Asami's shifted over to where Bolin was with the third guy. The two were wrestling it out on the ground, trying to gain control on the other.

She saw Mako run over to help. Mako tackled the guy to the ground, the two tumbling. Asami felt her heart race. Suddenly she realized something. Where was Tonraq. Turning around she cursed herself. Tonraq was after Korra again.

She saw Korra scrambling backwards, Tonraq attempting to hit her with the bat. Asami reached into her pocket. She pulled out a switch blade. Flipping it out, she ran down to the two.

She had let Tonraq sneak past her. How stupid was she??. Asami saw the metal bat hit a tree, the bark breaking, scattering to the floor. As she neared them, she saw that the two had stopped as well. Korra was trapped between a tree and her father. The bat was raised, ready to strike the fatal blow.

Asami sprung up. She grabbed onto Tonraq's left arm, swinging up. The forced and the weight of her body knocked Tonraq of balance. He fell down, making him release the bat.

Asami and Tonraq fell onto the leaf covered ground. Asami panted. Pain shot up her side. She felt sore on her right hip where her. Asami winced. She looked up at see Tonraq getting up.

Asami struggled to her feet, picking up her switch blade. She got into a defensive stance, regaining her concentration. She felt scratches on her arms from the tumble but was nothing she couldn't handle. Tonraq stood and looked at her. He no longer had his bat with him. He smirked.

"So that's how you wanna play??", he said.

Reaching into his jacket, he took out his own switch blade. Asami did not see that coming. Tonraq advanced towards her.

"Then let's spare".

Asami's heart was racing. What had she gotten herself into??. A knife fight??. Was she trying to die??.

"No", she thought. "I'm trying to save Korra".

Korra. That was the main objective of this fight. Save Korra. Against a dangerous man like Tonraq, the odds were against Asami. But she couldn't give up. She couldn't let him get to Korra. Asami realized something. She'd rather die than let anything happen to Korra. She didn't know why she let it get this far.

She could called the police sooner and have them handle the situation. She could have just let the authorities handle it themselves like Mako said. But Asami wasn't going to just sit around wait for Korra's body to be found. She needed to do something about it herself.

Asami was sick and tired of Korra getting hurt by this man. She was going to do what she promised Korra she'd do. She was gunna fight for her. She'd get Korra to safety or die trying.
Korra meant everything to her and she'd be damned if she walked away from this fight without trying.

She this was going to end now.

Tonraq swiped at her, Asami was fast on her feet and moved back. She dodged the steel blade as its tip swiped at her, threatening to kill her.
She thrusted her arm foward, making Tonraq move back. The two looled like they were having a sword fight.

Their blades clashed and swiped. There were a few close calls but they were both fast on their feet. It seemed like they had been at it for hours. There was still no sun in sight behind the gray, cloudy sky so noone could tell.

Asami was exhausted. She'd never fenced with someone this long before andnit was wearing her down. Her energy was fading, her arms and legs aching, dirt covering her body. She was going to lose.

Asami was running out of options. She couldn't grab Korra and hope to outrun her dad. He'd catch them. She couldn't stab him. She didn't want to kill him. Plus, he was too quick. He'd get to her before she could get to him.
Every plan she thought of wouldn't work. She felt like she failed Korra. Now they'd have to fight until either help came, or until one of them was dead. And by the way things were looking, it wasn't going to be Tonraq that was dead.

Asami's eyes shifted. She felt her hope rise again.

Maybe she wasn't the only one with a plan. Why didn't she think of that??.

Let me know what cha think in the comments. Can you believe there's only a few chapters left in this??. Wow. Well anyways, I'll update later on :)